Vancouver Sales Merchandising Representative
Metro Vancouver, British Columbia
PepsiCo Canada employs nearly 10,000 Canadians and is organized into two business units - PepsiCo Beverages Canada, which includes brands such as Pepsi, Gatorade and Tropicana; and PepsiCo Foods Canada, which includes Frito Lay Canada and Quaker foods & snacks. PepsiCo Canada, in turn, belongs to the global PepsiCo, Inc., family.
At PepsiCo Canada, we're committed to achieving business and financial success while leaving a positive imprint on society - delivering what we call Performance with Purpose. Performance with Purpose is at the heart of every aspect of our business.
Our people are our greatest asset . By supporting their ability to work effectively together and providing them with the tools they need to succeed, we are ensuring that PepsiCo Canada is the kind of company where talented people of all backgrounds want to work.
The Sales Merchandiser Representative contributes to the success of the PepsiCo Beverages Canada through maximizing business growth by providing exceptional customer service to both large accounts; large format accounts such as large supermarkets. This person is responsible for merchandising as well as conducting sales calls. The Pre Sell Customer Sales Representative is primarilly responsible for ongoing rotation and stocking of product on shelves and displays, and in coolers and venders. This person builds in store displays and sets up promotional materials such as pricing signs and banners. This person will be primarily responsible for merchandising, and will need a flexible schedule.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Must maintain and increase shelf facings, and racks; clean shelving and racking; and rotate product
- Provide excellent service to assigned accounts; create and maintain goodwill with all customers
- Merchandise product sections and build displays to stimulate sales
- Eliminate out-of-stocks and out-of-date product through effective order taking
- Work closely with PBC delivery department to ensure effective service
- Monitor and report on competitive activity
- Complete required paperwork and processes in an accurate and timely manner
Required Skills and Experience:
- Partial completion or completion of a post secondary education program at either University or College (Preferably Business)
- Experience with merchandising and customer service by working in a gas convenience store, grocery store, and supermarket.
- Strong physical ability.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency: Microsoft Suite
- Solid oral presentation skills required
- Possess a valid driver's license and own vehicle
- Fact-based direct selling experience preferred
- Food Service or Consumer Products experience preferred
Job Ref: 51061BR