Frito-Lay Sales Intern
Nationwide Opportunities- Please Read:
Just because this role looks like it's located in Purchase, NY doesn't mean it is! At PepsiCo we place Campus Interns/ Full- Time and Graduate hires in roles nationwide across both field and headquarter locations. Field based roles will only be placed in the field.
We are PepsiCo
PepsiCo is one of the world's leading food and beverage companies with over $62 billion in net revenue and a global portfolio of diverse and beloved brands. We have a complementary food and beverage portfolio that includes 22 brands that each generated more than $1 billion in estimated annual retail sales. PepsiCo's products are sold in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. PepsiCo's strength is its people. We are over 250,000 game changers, mountain movers and history makers, scattered around the world, and united by a shared set of values and goals. We believe that acting ethically and responsibly is not only the right thing to do, but also the right thing to do for our business. At PepsiCo, we aim to deliver top-tier financial performance over the long term by integrating sustainability into our business strategy, leaving a positive imprint on society and the environment. We call this Performance with Purpose. For more information on PepsiCo and the opportunities it holds, visit www.pepsico.com.
PepsiCo provides a demanding, fast-paced environment in a competitive industry, where growth equals opportunity and fun accompanies the challenge. Does leading a team of 8-10 sales reps within your first two years excite you? Does spearheading a $10-15MM business sound rewarding? If so, PepsiCo might be the organization for you. As a leader of this Fortune 500 Company, you are called upon to make decisions in “real time” to maintain and grow an existing account base with a strong focus on customer relations. Assignments are based on functional knowledge versus defined time periods. Based on performance, candidates will have the unique opportunity to move rapidly to increasing levels of responsibility culminating in leadership positions in sales, sales operations, food service and possible cross functional and enterprise-wide roles. We are looking for future leaders of the company; our campus hires begin their career with unlimited career growth potential! Our college recruiting program is designed to build future leaders within our organization and groom candidates for key leadership roles.
PepsiCo is on the cutting edge of mobile technology in the consumer packaged goods marketplace. The following outlines a list of technology opportunities you will have available to you in this role:
- Mobile technology (software and hardware) for constant connectivity for all roles in the Sales function, leveraging consumer-grade devices (i.e. iPad, iPhone) that are upgraded to the latest availability in the market.
- Mobile Apps continuously refined to help the frontline and its leaders guide their teams and accomplish their goals.
- Mobile file sharing tools to support collaboration among teams and peers
- Real-time data and analytics on key performance indicators and product insights
- Mobile selling applications that leverage cutting edge technology, like augmented reality to virtually depict business leaders’ ideas for customers.
What you can expect:
While we will provide you with a specific onboarding training schedule, we also encourage you to engage in internal networking activities with our senior leadership team. Keep in mind, when you work for PepsiCo, you will have access to a variety of operating models within the Beverage, Foods and Corporate environments; meaning you could support power brands such as Tropicana, Gatorade, Quaker & Frito-Lay and still work within the same company!
Recent intern projects have included:
- Understanding our Direct-Store-Delivery model and gaining access to tools and processes to support volume growth
- Working closely with the sales professionals sharing strategies, data, and experience increasing future growth by communicating with customers; outlining incremental revenue strategies
- Introducing customers to new product launches - watching it go from a PowerPoint presentation to being executed in various stores
- Partnering with sales team to execute sales plans in various large format and small format stores in a specific geographic area
In this role, you may be called upon to:
- Successfully interact with customers and effectively sell in and execute Sales programs and initiatives
- Manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Prepare and deliver presentations to customers as needed
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills to influence various teams
- Use fact-based selling skills and deliver exceptional customer service
- Activate local and national marketplace initiatives and promotions through merchandising products and building creative displays
- (As the work environment is physical) stand, walk, reach, and squat throughout the work day (up to 10-12 hours.)
What we’re looking for:
- Currently pursuing a degree in: Professional Selling, Sales Management, Business Administration, Communications, Organizational Leadership, Entrepreneurship (other related majors will be considered)
- Previous selling / customer service experience (on- or off- campus; either through part time jobs or through academic clubs)
- Proven leadership throughout your academic career (on- or off- campus)
- Availability to work flexible schedules
- Flexibility for relocation will allow for greater advancement opportunities
Minimum Qualifications - Each candidate is expected to:
- Pass a sales assessment to be considered for the role
- Graduate with Bachelor’s degree within one (1) year of internship completion.
- Be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without the need for current or future work authorization or visa sponsorship for employment
- Have a valid driver’s license and access to an automobile to drive to various sales locations for duration of internship
- Pass a drug screen and background investigation, including a Motor Vehicle Report (clean driving record for the past 3 years)
- Have physical ability to lift 25 - 45 pounds repeatedly when needed in daily execution
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement