Health, Safety, and Environmental Specialist Intern
Nationwide Opportunities- Please Read:
Just because this role looks like it's located in Purchase, NY doesn't mean it is! At PepsiCo we place Campus Interns/ Full- Time and Graduate hires in roles nationwide across both field and headquarter locations. Field based roles will only be placed in the field.
We are PepsiCo
PepsiCo is one of the world's leading food and beverage companies with over $62 billion in net revenue and a global portfolio of diverse and beloved brands. We have a complementary food and beverage portfolio that includes 22 brands that each generated more than $1 billion in estimated annual retail sales. PepsiCo's products are sold in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. PepsiCo's strength is its people. We are over 250,000 game changers, mountain movers and history makers, scattered around the world, and united by a shared set of values and goals. We believe that acting ethically and responsibly is not only the right thing to do, but also the right thing to do for our business. At PepsiCo, we aim to deliver top-tier financial performance over the long term by integrating sustainability into our business strategy, leaving a positive imprint on society and the environment. We call this Performance with Purpose. For more information on PepsiCo and the opportunities it holds, visit www.pepsico.com.
This position contributes to the success of PepsiCo by ensuring regulatory compliance and implementing risk or prevention-focused Health, Safety, and Environmental (HSE) initiatives in a location or across multiple locations. As an intern you will gave exposure at either the regional and plant/distribution center level or Headquarters level. You will work on a project that will be site, region or headquarters specific that will support the PepsiCo HSE agenda. These projects will be actionable plans that will drive improvements across the business.
What you can expect:
While specific intern projects vary depending on the business, you may be called upon to:
- Support execution, implementation, and tracking of a location’s annual HSE plan
- Interface with regulatory bodies (DOT, State/Local Regulators) as needed
- Develop, implement, execute, and manage strategies to prevent workplace injuries, environmental incidents, and vehicle accidents
- Establish process to ensure driver capability using Defensive Driving techniques found in Best in Class systems such as: Smith System and NAB’s TEST Drive
- Perform risk assessments and assist in the implementation of effective physical and/ or behavioral control measures. Recognize and verify the effectiveness of in-place control measures
- Complete root cause analyses and develop corrective action plans to address root basic causes and management system weak-spots through the use of industry-recognized cause analysis techniques (5-Why, 8-D, etc.)
What we’re looking for:
- Currently pursuing a degree in: Health, Safety, and Environment or related area
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills including public speaking skills and presence in meetings and training environments
Minimum Qualifications - Each candidate is expected to:
- Graduate with Bachelor’s degree within one (1) year of internship completion.
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without the need for current or future work authorization or visa sponsorship for employment
- Pass a drug screen and background investigation
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement