Health, Safety, and Environmental Associate Representative
External Posting Title: Health, Safety, and Environmental Associate Representative
Nationwide Opportunities- Please Read:
Just because this role looks like it's located in Purchase, NY doesn't mean it is! At PepsiCo we place Campus Interns/ Full- Time and Graduate hires in roles nationwide across both field and headquarter locations. Field based roles will only be placed in the field.
We are PepsiCo
PepsiCo is one of the world's leading food and beverage companies with over $62 billion in net revenue and a global portfolio of diverse and beloved brands. We have a complementary food and beverage portfolio that includes 22 brands that each generated more than $1 billion in estimated annual retail sales. PepsiCo's products are sold in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. PepsiCo's strength is its people. We are over 250,000 game changers, mountain movers and history makers, scattered around the world, and united by a shared set of values and goals. We believe that acting ethically and responsibly is not only the right thing to do, but also the right thing to do for our business. At PepsiCo, we aim to deliver top-tier financial performance over the long term by integrating sustainability into our business strategy, leaving a positive imprint on society and the environment. We call this Performance with Purpose. For more information on PepsiCo and the opportunities it holds, visit www.pepsico.com.
The HSE function contributes to the success of PepsiCo by ensuring regulatory compliance and implementing prevention-focused Health, Safety, and Environmental (HSE) initiatives across multiple locations. As an HSE Associate Representative, you will work on projects that support the PepsiCo HSE agenda to develop and implement actionable plans driving improvements across the business.
What you can expect:
Opportunities are provided through varying assignments in Production, Warehouse, Maintenance, Quality, and Fleet Operations. Assignments are based on functional knowledge vs. defined time periods. Based on performance, candidates will have the unique opportunity to move rapidly to increasing levels of responsibility, leading to managerial positions. Keep in mind, when you work for PepsiCo, you will have access to a variety of operating environments within the Beverages, Foods and Corporate environments; this means that you can support power brands such as Tropicana, Gatorade, Quaker & Frito-Lay and still work within the same company!
In this role, you will be called upon to:
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills to coach, develop, and influence various teams
- Organize and facilitate work team meetings (examples: pre-shift, roundtables, etc.)
- Use your analytical thinking skills through qualitative and quantitative analysis; demonstrating a strong drive to fix problems and design solutions
- Support various components and activities spanning the project management life cycle; such as business case analysis, detailed requirements, software design/testing/deployment, and issues management
- Learn PepsiCo’s Operations framework through various placements in Production, Warehouse, Maintenance, Quality, and Fleet Operations
- Perform at a fast pace, with self-motivation and strong initiative
- Be flexible – in order to understand our 24/7 operations, you may at times need to work various schedules; including early mornings, evenings and/or weekends
What we’re looking for:
- Currently pursuing a degree in: Health, Safety, and Environment, or a related area
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills including public speaking skills and presence in meetings and training environments
Minimum Qualifications - Each candidate is expected to:
- Be completing their final year of undergraduate studies
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree prior to the intended full time start date.
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without the need for current or future work authorization or visa sponsorship for employment
- Pass a drug screen and background investigation
Job Category: Health / Safety / Environment
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement