Packaging Co-op Intern
External Posting Title: Packaging Co-op Intern
Nationwide Opportunities- Please Read:
Just because this role looks like it's located in Purchase, NY doesn't mean it is! At PepsiCo we place Campus Interns/ Full- Time and Graduate hires in roles nationwide across both field and headquarter locations. Field based roles will only be placed in the field.
We are PepsiCo
PepsiCo is one of the world's leading food and beverage companies with over $62 billion in net revenue and a global portfolio of diverse and beloved brands. We have a complementary food and beverage portfolio that includes 22 brands that each generated more than $1 billion in estimated annual retail sales. PepsiCo's products are sold in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. PepsiCo's strength is its people. We are over 250,000 game changers, mountain movers and history makers, scattered around the world, and united by a shared set of values and goals. We believe that acting ethically and responsibly is not only the right thing to do, but also the right thing to do for our business. At PepsiCo, we aim to deliver top-tier financial performance over the long term by integrating sustainability into our business strategy, leaving a positive imprint on society and the environment. We call this Performance with Purpose. For more information on PepsiCo and the opportunities it holds, visit www.pepsico.com.
What you can expect:
In this position you will contribute to channels specific project initiatives, such as, package development and testing, results evaluation, conducting plant trials, developing pallet patterns and coordinating with manufacturing plants and suppliers.
Utilize critical thinking skills to plan and coordinate individual activities that contribute to project results:
- Identification of various packaging materials through individual understanding of necessary physical properties and applications, and coordination with vendors
- Coordinate and perform independent and team experiments in laboratory and manufacturing plants
- Presentation of project results and findings to leadership upon completion of internship
- Some travel to headquarters and manufacturing plants would be required (15-20%)
- Enhance technical understanding of core packaging materials with exposure to industry relevant challenges
- Expand critical problem solving and decision make skills through development and execution of qualification plans
- Improve communication skills with interaction of cross-functional teams and leadership alignment
- Better understanding of consumer goods organization
- Development & qualification of new offerings for specific customers (Target, Wal-Mart, Sam’s Club)
- Assessment of internal and external distribution systems of channels packaging
- Research & Benchmarking studies to identify “white space” for future packaging development opportunities
What we’re looking for:
- Level: Advanced Junior, Senior, Graduate Student (all non-graduating)
- Course Requirements: Student must have completed 300 level courses at minimum prior to beginning co-op
- Basic knowledge of packaging materials, package manufacturing processes, and distribution systems
- Capable of working in both individual and team settings
- Seeking highly energetic, creative, and motivated individuals
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
Minimum Qualifications - Each candidate is expected to:
- Graduate with Bachelor’s degree within one (1) year of coop completion.
- Be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without the need for current or future work authorization or visa sponsorship for employment.
- Pass a drug screen and background investigation
Job Category: Research and Development
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement