Frito-Lay Corporate Supply Chain Operations Intern
Nationwide Opportunities- Please Read:
Just because this role looks like it's located in Purchase, NY doesn't mean it is! At PepsiCo we place Campus Interns/ Full- Time and Graduate hires in roles nationwide across both field and headquarter locations. Field based roles will only be placed in the field.
We are PepsiCo
PepsiCo is one of the world's leading food and beverage companies with over $62 billion in net revenue and a global portfolio of diverse and beloved brands. We have a complementary food and beverage portfolio that includes 22 brands that each generated more than $1 billion in estimated annual retail sales. PepsiCo's products are sold in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. PepsiCo's strength is its people. We are over 250,000 game changers, mountain movers and history makers, scattered around the world, and united by a shared set of values and goals. We believe that acting ethically and responsibly is not only the right thing to do, but also the right thing to do for our business. At PepsiCo, we aim to deliver top-tier financial performance over the long term by integrating sustainability into our business strategy, leaving a positive imprint on society and the environment. We call this Performance with Purpose. For more information on PepsiCo and the opportunities it holds, visit www.pepsico.com.
The goal of Frito Lay’s internship program is to provide students with the opportunity to leverage their academic understanding in a real-world, business-driven environment. During this internship experience, you will have exposure to a variety of components of the Frito Lay Supply Chain organization. At the end of the summer, our interns report out to the Leadership Team on the key business points learned from the internship experience. The position requires a self-directed, motivated individual prepared for a fast-paced environment. Working as an intern with Frito-Lay will provide you with guidance for future management skills and the opportunity to execute key managerial decisions. This internship will last approximately 12 weeks.
What you can expect:
Below are some of the activities in which you can expect to participate:
- Assist in the analysis and development of supply chain metrics and business processes
- Report findings to other team members and management as required
- Support various components and activities spanning the project management life cycle such as business case analysis, detailed requirements, software design/testing/deployment and issues management
- Work on large projects and manage time and effort without need for constant supervision
- Experience with statistical modeling and developing reporting tools
What we’re looking for:
- Currently pursuing a degree in: Supply Chain, Logistics, or Operations Management; Operations Research, Engineering (Industrial, Computer, Electrical), MIS or related field
- Basic understanding of supply chain planning concepts and business processes
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and Access
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Proven people/project leadership throughout your academic career (on- or off- campus)
- Previous experience in an operations environment (on- or off- campus; either through employment or academic clubs)
- Ability to work in an unstructured environment with the ability to make tradeoff decisions quickly
- Demonstrated ability to work in a results-oriented, challenging environment
- Effective coaching, facilitation, presentation and team building skills
- Ability to give/receive constructive feedback
Minimum Qualifications - Each candidate is expected to:
- Graduate with Bachelor’s degree within one (1) year of internship completion.
- Be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without the need for current or future work authorization or visa sponsorship for employment
- Pass a drug screen and background investigation
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement