Engineering & Supply Chain - Undergraduate Hiring
This opportunity is available for Saudi students studying in the US and graduating in 2018/2019
We are PepsiCo
PepsiCo is a global food and beverage leader with a product portfolio including 22 brands that generate more than $1 billion each in annual retail sales. Our main businesses – Quaker, Tropicana, Gatorade, Frito-Lay and Pepsi-Cola – make hundreds of enjoyable foods and beverages that are loved throughout the world.
We are focused on delivering sustainable long-term growth while leaving a positive imprint on society and the environment – what we call Performance with Purpose. Our focus includes transforming our portfolio and offering healthier options while making our food system more sustainable and communities more prosperous. In doing so we believe we will pave the way for PepsiCo’s future growth and help others thrive.
At PepsiCo, we believe our continued success depends on a diverse workforce and inclusive culture. Our teams reflect the diversity of our communities and consumers. And inclusion is a way of life. In an ever-changing environment, we know that creativity from individuals with varied backgrounds and experiences is critical.
PepsiCo in Saudi
PepsiCo Saudi Snacks Foods Limited (SSFL) established in 1995 with 3 plants in Jeddah, Riyadh & Dammam with more than 2,500 employees in KSA & UAE. Our brands include Lays, Doritos, Sunbites, Cheetos, Tasali & Quaker.
The PepsiCo Saudi Snacks Foods Limited (SSFL) Supply Chain organization provides a demanding, fast-paced opportunity in a competitive industry, where growth equals opportunity and fun accompanies the challenge. Opportunities are provided through various opportunities in Demand and Supply Planning, Warehouse Operations, Transportation, Customer Integration, and Strategy. We are looking for future leaders of the company.
What you can expect:
You are afforded opportunities for beneficial, meaningful work experience in one of the mentioned Supply Chain divisions.
• Planning (Demand and Supply): The Demand Planner contributes to the success of PepsiCo SSFL by executing the demand planning process within a defined network. The Demand Planner supports all facets of the forecasting process in order to achieve high forecast accuracy and to ensure customer service is maintained. This person also supports sales and marketing teams to ensure innovation launch execution.
The Supply Planner contributes to the success of PepsiCo SSFL by assisting with the management of supply chain processes and projects; including: innovation launch execution, supplier development, and production performance results analysis and reporting.
In both roles, you will be called upon to:
o Demonstrate strong leadership skills to coach & develop teams as well as influence.
o Use your analytical thinking skills through qualitative and quantitative analysis. You don’t have to be a math major, but a strong drive to fix problems and design solutions is key to an individual’s success at PepsiCo!
o Perform at a fast pace, with self-motivation, and strong initiative
• Warehouse Operations: Associates in warehouse operations work either on a field-based or head office-based team. The key objectives of these teams are to support in managing inventory, improve warehouse productivity, and execute shipments to ensure key service metrics are met. These teams interact with various other areas of the supply chain, including demand & supply planning, transportation, customer integration, sales strategy, and finance. These roles require good analytical, communication and critical thinking skills.
• Maintenance Associates in maintenance department supervise and follow on the implementation of the maintenance and preventive maintenance initiatives. The team ensures that all the maintenance plans are executed in safe, good and cost effective manner.
• Manufacturing Associates in manufacturing department work with multiple stakeholders to provide Leadership for the team that manages Line planning, production plan, change management, raw materials supply, and Support creation of the site Annual Operating Plan. They as well Manage Key performance indicators data and financial reporting.
• Production associates execute the production plan effectively into the packaging machines and ensure manpower utilization and heights product quality with minimum loses. They provide & conduct trainings to new frontline associates, teach and help their teams how to run the machine efficiently.
• Health & Safety support in ensuring that the company's occupational health and safety policy and standards and regulatory requirements are fully complied with and achieve the sales safety targets through standard key performance indicators monitoring.
What we’re looking for:
• Currently pursuing a degree in: Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Inventory management, mechanical, electrical, automation and control, mechatronic or Industrial Engineering (other related majors will be considered)
• Involvement in at least one extracurricular activity
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Willingness to work flexible work schedules; including early mornings, evenings and/or weekends
• Previous internship in the Supply Chain field preferred
• Ability to adapt to changes in timelines and sequences
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Willingness to travel required
• Flexibility for relocation will allow for greater advancement opportunities
• Potential work locations include:
Minimum Qualifications - Each candidate is expected to:
• Be completing their final year of undergraduate studies
• Hold a Bachelor’s degree prior to the intended full time start date.
• Have a minimum GPA of 3.0.
• Be eligible to work in Saudi Arabia without work authorization sponsorship now or anytime in the future.
Job Type: Pipeline