Senior Process Engineer
External Posting Title: Senior Process Engineer
We are currently recruiting a Senior Process Engineer to join our Engineering team in our Little Island manufacturing plant, Cork on permanent basis.
We are the concentrate team in PepsiCo (PGCS) working across the Beverage, Nutrition and Snacks categories to deliver concentrate for many of PepsiCo’s mega brands including Gatorade, 7Up and Pepsi. We are at the heart of PepsiCo products, sourcing ingredients to manufacture more than 1,200 recipes for our brands. We are a global organisation, situated in 17 locations across 11 countries offering careers in various functions from Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Procurement, Quality, Finance, R&D, HR and IT. We want team members who can collaborate in our fast paced global organisation and are passionate about creating and delivering much-loved household brands to markets across the world.
The Technical Function is our team of enabling experts offering knowledge and partnership to functions on specialist subjects including engineering, quality and productivity. They ensure operations and food safety excellence for our team. Could you bring a new dimension to our technical expertise? If so we could take your talents to a whole new level.
The successful candidate will have broad range of responsibilities including process efficiency improvements, recon initiative development and implementation, supporting maintenance team in process and machine fault finding. In this capacity, you will make design recommendations to increase process efficiencies, help resolve technical issues, support the projects group in the introduction of new technologies and equipment and manage and supply information generated through the design, construction, commissioning and hand over phases of projects.
- Responsibility for driving continuous improvement and process optimisation, instigating changes to improve work environment and systems, continuously seeking ways to improve efficiency:
- Advocate and influence process and engineering improvements, passionately driving process excellence and continually striving for ‘breakthrough improvement’ in all projects.
- Lead and Assist with identification of engineering and site-wide improvement initiatives and innovative solutions to manufacturing, quality H&S challenges.
- Maintain close collaboration with Manufacturing when identifying and implementing improvement opportunities, provide prompt resolution to on-going efficiency detractors
- Develop the role into a SME for a process to lead process improvements in a specific area and become the representative for the area
- Implement sustainability-related projects driving resource conservation at Cork plants across water energy and waste as required
- Participate and contribute to the local plant strategic and capital planning process:
- Project identification with subsequent scope and business case preparation
- Practical Experience in process engineering/ industrial engineering in a manufacturing environment is desirable
- Ownership of key H&S or Technical programs, taking the program from a concept to a strategy, execute and then control the program
- Support the maintenance departments in both Concentrate site and the FFP, in Six Sigma approach to problem solving
- Assist and lead teams investigating Quality related issues, such as customer complaints and process related issues
- 3rd level qualification with an Engineering focus/accreditation in any of the following areas: Chemical/Process, Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial, Production etc. and/or equivalent substantial experience working in this capacity.
- A vast amount of engineering/ technical experience in a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge and practical experience in using world class manufacturing, lean manufacturing, continuous improvement and variation reduction techniques e.g. Six Sigma, DMAIC and FMEA tools.
- Demonstrable experience or understanding of capital projects
- Good understanding and experience of current manufacturing technologies and methodologies used in manufacturing including, PLC & SCADA control system, efficiency measures, machine reliability tools
- Basic engineering computer skills required (MS Office/ Excel/ Powerpoint/ Autocad/ MS Project)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively interact with and influence employees at all levels of the organisation. Proven ability to learn quickly on the job and ability to transfer learnings to other team members through coaching and mentoring
- Experience of managing suppliers to achieve on-time and on-cost performance
- Demonstrate project leadership, interpersonal skills and effective communication.
- Ability to analyze & process high volumes of information, manage multiple priorities in a timely manner, with precise attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
- Observe HSE regulations, encourages safe working practices and assist in compliance reviews, general risk assessments and other safety assessments to support Health, Safety and Environmental management
PepsiCo products are enjoyed by consumers one billion times a day in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. PepsiCo generated approximately $63 billion in net revenue in 2016, driven by a complementary food and beverage portfolio that includes Frito-Lay, Gatorade, Pepsi-Cola, Quaker and Tropicana. PepsiCo’s product portfolio includes a wide range of enjoyable foods and beverages, including 22 brands that generate more than $1 billion each in estimated annual retail sales.
At the heart of PepsiCo is Performance with Purpose – our fundamental belief that the success of our company is inextricably linked to the sustainability of the world around. We believe that continuously improving the products we sell, operating responsibly to protect our planet and empowering people around the world is what enables PepsiCo to run a successful global company that creates long-term value for society and our shareholders. For more information, visit www.pepsico.com.
Job Category: Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain
Job Type: Regular