Maintenance Tech (Millwright)
PepsiCo Foods Canada (Frito Lay) is known for more than just our fun products and great brands. We've also got great people that work hard, focus on results and have a lot of fun doing it!
Company Profile: As part of the global powerhouse PepsiCo, PepsiCo Foods Canada (Frito Lay) is more than just snacks. Across Canada and the world, we have a broad portfolio of powerful brands including Lay's, Doritos, Tostitos, Pepsi, Aquafina, Tropicana, Quaker and Gatorade to name a few.
With over 5,000 employees nationwide, PepsiCo Canada is committed to building a family of tasty, delicious snacks that grows and prospers. And that's just the beginning. With six manufacturing facilities, 50 major distribution centers and 70,000+ customers from coast to coast, we're constantly searching for committed, hardworking individuals to help build our team PepsiCo Foods Canada has a current opening at the Frito Lay Manufacturing Facility in Cambridge, ON for a Licensed Millwright.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Maintenance of site equipment
- Completion of preventative and predictive maintenance inspections and electrical and/or mechanical repairs for all equipment within area of responsibility
- Execute daily assigned work
- Manage through emergency breakdowns
- Support in root cause and prevention of future downtime events
- Work collaboratively with operators and other classifications across the site to reduce downtime, safety and quality risks
- Effective communication for shift crossovers, work order feedback, production meetings, and activity coordination between other shift members
- Above average troubleshooting skills and ability to resolve issues in a diverse, fast paced environment
- MANDATORY REQUIREMENT: Must currently possess a valid Mechanical ticket in the province of Ontario
- Secondary trade license would be an asset with associated pay incentive
- Motivation and Positive Attitude
- Drive for Improvement
- Communication / Computer Skills
- Knowledge and Experience of operational process / packaging equipment
- Ability to use machine shop equipment and weld
- Knowledge and experience using maintenance control systems for submitting work requests and logging hours
- Ability to work shift work
Frito Lay Plant – 1001 Bishop Street North, Cambridge ON, N3H 4V8Relocation Eligible: Not Applicable
Job Type: Regular