Sr. Protein Scientist
External Posting Title: Sr. Protein Scientist
Around the world, we're working hard to give people the tastes they crave and the nutrition they need. We dream globally and act locally, constantly innovating to sustain our planet, our people, our communities and our business practices. New markets mean new ways of doing business, and new ways of addressing health concerns, cultural differences and environmental challenges. Every day is an adventure, and an opportunity for personal and professional growth. Our ideal Protein Scientist will:
- Establish, lead and integrate breakthrough protein platform initiatives resulting in advantaged raw materials through the development of specialist protein knowledge resulting in new protein-rich ingredient & raw material streams.
- Collaborate with internal Functional and Strategy teams, and External Innovation partners to rapidly discern, advance and combine inputs to create differentiated, proprietary ideas.
- Partner with Product Discovery and Development teams to build product innovations that are aligned to the Category strategic priorities that are unlocked through new ingredient functionalities and new protein-rich crops.
- Partner with Process Discovery and Development to unlock novel process technologies through new material understanding and transformations.
- Identify and build strategic partnerships with external cutting-edge ingredient science and technology leaders and synthesize learnings into transformative, advantaged idea streams for PepsiCo Snacks R&D.
- Define for Global R&D snacks the new protein-rich ingredient capabilities that will enable a shift to breakthrough, transformative product platforms, product forms and consumer experiences.
- Partner with the Measurement Science groups to ensure that suitable capacity and capability is in place, new ingredient and bio-polymer analytical and characterization methods are in place (internally and externally) globally.
- Build rudimentary examples, culinary prototypes, and/or white papers to demonstrate, in a compelling way, the readiness and potential of new ideas to developers.
Experience & Skills Required:
To be successful in this role you will need to be an experienced R&D leader with a proven record of successfully delivering an innovation agenda, preferably on breakthrough science and protein / ingredient science and technology innovation. With a proven ability to operate at the early stage of the product development lifecycle, you will be adept at navigating ambiguity, and through natural intellectual curiosity your ideas will bring scientific solutions to our innovative pipeline creations.
In addition you will need:
- Minimum Bachelors degree but ideally PhD or MSc in a suitable and relevant discipline (eg Protein Chemistry)
- Significant experience in at least either (ideally both) Food & Beverage, and Food Ingredients (B2B or B2C). Must have "hands on" experience
- Proven experience in the development and application of Protein and Ingredient science across a range of food applications in a non-meat environment. Fruit and Vegetables highly desired.
- Excellent leadership, communication, talent management and interpersonal skills to build a global organization and industry credibility.
- Solid network of leading academic and industry specialists.
- Excellent understanding of broader business drivers with ability to demonstrate business acumen and experience partnering with senior business leaders across key functional areas both inside and outside of R&D organization
- Results oriented people leader with strong verbal and written communication skills to influence senior leaders, ability to create vision and articulate fact based information into simple actions
- Excellent leadership, communication, talent management and interpersonal skills to build organization and industry credibility.
- Limited Relocation Assistance Provided
Job Category: Research and Development
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement