Supplier Strategy & Optimization Director
The Supplier Strategy & Optimization Director is a role in the Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) team and is responsible for enabling the IT strategy and IT goals through PepsiCo’s strategic IT suppliers. This position is expected to be the SRM organization’s market expert related to suppliers, their capabilities, and opportunities to enhance PepsiCo’s IT performance in operational stability, delivery quality, and cost effectiveness. This enterprise IT-focused role uses PepsiCo cross-IT supplier performance inputs and market research, partnering with Global Procurement, to develop recommendations for a performance/risk/cost balanced supplier portfolio, including rebalancing or consolidating supplier scope, as needed. This role also supports key sourcing initiatives/solutions through deal shape, transition guidance, and organizational enablement/training. The role includes the following responsibilities:
Supplier Portfolio Management:
- Based on current supplier performance and the supplier market, lead supplier portfolio management in partnership with Global Procurement and IT leaders
- Develop IT strategic supplier portfolio (performance, service portfolio coverage, spend/mix) reporting for IT leadership
- In partnership with key IT and Procurement leaders, identify opportunities for consolidation or bundling of certain organization-wide requirements to improve PepsiCo’s IT performance in operational stability, delivery quality, and cost effectiveness
- Define and manage cross-supplier performance management and cross-supplier governance structure
- Conduct supplier spend/consumption analytics in partnership with Technology Business Management (TBM) to provide sourcing optimization recommendations, including contract consolidation/restructure, as needed. Research, analyze, and interpret the IT services marketplace to understand supplier/market characteristics and identify sourcing trends/opportunities
- Responsible for establishing efficient guidelines, processes and management systems for properly managing PepsiCo’s IT supplier relationships, including supplier contracting (“right contract for the right work”, proactive management of strategic supplier data/reporting in TBM)
- Accountable for supporting audits of the major IT suppliers and partners, in order to manage supplier/IT delivery risk and to ensure the financial, contractual and performance of suppliers
- Provide oversight for sourcing initiatives, including supplier transition program leadership, to ensure consistency in supplier enablement, adherence to PepsiCo standards, and linkage to the overall IT operating model.
- Plan and lead cross-supplier strategy forums (e.g., “Supplier Partnership Day”, Multi-supplier forums)
- Working with IT leaders and Global Procurement, shape sourcing/supplier portfolio that enables IT goals/strategy while integrating with IT operating model (retained org, location optimization)
- Develop training for PepsiCo IT associates to better understand sourcing processes /options and how to work effectively in supplier relationships, including managed service models. Partner with organizational change management team to facilitate org transition and (re) skilling of associates to work effectively in a services-based, outcome-based sourcing model
Core requirements and skills:
- 10+ years experience in IT management
- 10+ years experience in working with global/distributed delivery models for IT
- 10+ years experience in partnering with external service providers (outsourcing supplier)
- Relationship Management
- Supplier Performance Management
- Service Management
- Able to articulate vision and objectives and align multiple groups towards shared goals
- Outcomes-oriented with sense of urgency in working in a fast paced environment; ability to navigate through multiple priorities
- Experience in aligning multiple parties with competing priorities.
- Ability to take ownership and independently drive progress in a matrixed organization.
- Must be able to interact effectively across multiple levels of the organization
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement