The Transport Manager contributes to the success of Pepsi Beverages Company (PBC) by leading a team of 3 supervisors and a team of 45 drivers based Bay Market, Central Valley North and Central Valley South and the Hawaii Markets to deliver product to PBC’s distribution centers in a safe, efficient and productive manner.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Deliver transportation productivity agenda by focusing on asset optimization, improving fuel economy, payload efficiency, route optimization & wait time reduction
- Deliver transportation service targets, shipping and delivering loads on time
- Negotiate 3rd party carrier capacity and rates, ensuring compliance to established route guides
- Assume ownership of all transport related cost and productivity targets; provide forecasts and analysis related to transportation cost center
- Coach safe and efficient driving techniques; ensuring safety, regulatory and DOT compliance
- Develop effective relationships with internal business partners (i.e. sales, logistics, plant, satellite warehouse, etc.)
- Assist in the development of transformational projects that provide for continuous improvement across transportation
- A Bachelors degree is required
- Four years’ of transportation industry experience is required including dealing with legal, regulatory and operational issues, including customer service, logistics and carrier operations is required
- Four years’ experience managing front-line employees is strongly preferred
- Knowledge of DOT (Department Of Transportation) regulations is preferred
- Strong communication skills, as well as excellent interpersonal and influence management skills
- Incumbent should have a strong customer focus and be results driven
- Incumbent must be able to prioritize and perform multiple tasks without losing momentum while also completing all daily tasks efficiently and effectively
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including early mornings, evenings and/or weekends
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
For San Francisco Bay Area: Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement