Vehicle Maintenance Unit Technician
External Posting Title: Vehicle Maintenance Unit Technician
PepsiCo is on the look-out for a Vehicle Maintenance Unit Technician to join our busy Supply Chain team based at our Southern Region Distribution Centre (SRDC) in Leicester.
The SRDC is our largest distribution site in the UK. We distribute the bulk of our own products, working closely with our manufacturing and supply chain teams, the SRDC makes this possible. If we're not operating efficiently our customers won't find our great range of products on the supermarket shelves, which is definitely not good for business!
What you'll get up to:
- Maintain the fleet to a high standard whilst remaining competitive on cost.
- Maintain fleet to a high standard demanded by the ministry of transport, ensuring the Health & Safety of our drivers, and protection of our operator’s licence
- Work safely, join in with planned safety inspections and safety action teams,
- Carry out detailed and informed diagnostics
- Deal with breakdowns by diagnosing problem on the phone and discussing with contractor where necessary,
- Keep abreast of new and changing technology
- Maintain all paperwork that is legally required,
- Maintaining in-house fleet management system
- Electronic time recording system
What you'll need:
- A full recognized apprenticeship on HGV maintenance and repair at level 3 is essential to ensure the successful candidate can test and repair a range of vehicles
- A full C+E driving license would be beneficial but not essential
- The ability to communicate at all levels both internal and external.
- The enthusiasm to keep up with changing technology, excited by change and ability to discuss and share knowledge with the rest of the team
- Be a team player , wanting to support and work as a team
This role has a continental night shift working pattern and comes with a range of flexible benefits, and a salary of £36974 (including shift allowance).
PepsiCo produces the world's largest portfolio of billion-dollar food and beverage brands, including 22 product lines that each generates more than $1billion in annual retail sales. Our main businesses - Frito-Lay, Quaker, Pepsi-Cola, Tropicana and Gatorade - also make hundreds of other nourishing, tasty foods and drinks that bring joy to our consumers in more than 200 countries.Relocation Eligible: Not Applicable
Job Category: Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain
Job Type: Regular