eCommerce Sales Specialist
The retail landscape is changing at a rapid pace. The boundaries between online and offline have never been more intertwined. The web now influences more than 50% of all retail sales yet just three years ago, this figure stood at just a fraction. The eCommerce Lead will help to deliver profitable growth through building relationships with leading in country retailers/online merchants. The ultimate goal would be to become a fundamental part of their Omni-channel offering meaning the end consumers choose PepsiCo products more often.
- Collaborate with markets to understand their needs and priorities, using this information develop and deliver projects that answer the key regional questions to drive their businesses forward
- Assist in building presentations and materials to educate internal and external teams on eCommerce best practices, and be comfortable in presenting
- Continually work with local Account Managers to evaluate eCommerce opportunities by defining key retailers and markets, including up and coming markets
- Support the developing Franchise team in their market knowledge and opportunity, initially focused on the UK, Nordics, NL & PT
- Provide research or projects and help develop educational tools that address the needs of the franchise teams
- Aid strategic partners in executing eCommerce advancements as per any high-level agreements
- Contribute to developing the new standard for quarterly business reviews as well as other strategic planning initiatives
- Be an advocate and influence for higher standards and higher priority for eCommerce through all business interactions
- Promote & Support the rise in eCommerce capability across the business
- Markets: Europe & Sub-Saharan Africa
- Channels: eCommerce retailers, pure play, franchise and concierge
Key Skills/Experience Required
- Excellent communication skills - engage and influence multiple stakeholders to build strong working relationships internally and externally
- Collaborative approach – display openness, curiosity, and sharing with all team members
- Proactive approach – drive the business forward whilst taking others with you.
- Analytical skills – create robust analysis and meaningful insights to drive actions and highlight opportunities
- Inspire others – ability to engage broad range of stakeholders both through compilation of compelling and persuasive presentations and ability to deliver.
- Tenacious, curious and strong work ethic
Primary work will be along with the Capability Manager. Internal engagement will be with the growing Franchise team, Account Managers across several markets and various research and commercial teams. Externally there will be occasions of working directly with retailers/other customers and agencies (content, research etc) and at conferences.
Unique aspects of the position
The ability to juggle multiple projects of varying scope with best in class delivery to drive significant improvements the markets will be critical. This role will require someone who can easily move between collaborator, leader, analyst, researcher, educator and confidant.
- eCommerce background in business planning, sales or other relevant area, minimum 5 years
- Experience analysing trends and business performance, deriving insights and strategic improvements
- Proven ability to communicate effectively to different groups
Job Type: Regular