Control & Reporting Associate Specialist
External Posting Title: Control & Reporting Associate Specialist
This position will report to the Global IT Controls and Compliance Manager and will work closely with international and domestic IT Controls and Compliance teams to enable control capability and monitor the over IT control environment health.
As a result of the new global IT operating model, this newly created position will support the globalization efforts of IT general control processes across PepsiCo. The role will have responsibility for select ITGC processes to develop and/or redesign existing legacy processes to a global design. Leveraging PepsiCo IT control framework developed, the role will work closely with Global IT Controls and Compliance Manager in identifying emerging risks and work with IT teams in addressing risks through implementation of controls. Strong IT control competency, solid critical thinking skills and communication/influence skills are needed to drive this significant change.
The role will be responsible for promoting and training PepsiCo IT control framework to various IT functional teams. The role will also be responsible for executing quarterly control testing to assess the control environment for formal reporting to management. The role will perform an ad-hoc independent testing of controls, report success and improvement opportunities to management and monitor remediation progress/resolution. In addition, the role will support the Global Controls and Compliance Manager in collaborating with IT teams that are implementing new IT solutions to ensure that appropriate processes, controls and roles and responsibilities were developed and executed.
- Drive IT controls and global IT agenda in a matrixed operating environment to deliver an effective control solution
- Collaborate with both international and domestic IT Controls and Compliance and IT teams in the identification and documentation of IT risks, processes, controls, and procedures to address both areas of opportunities as well as new applications, platforms and/or processes.
- On-going standardization, alignment, optimization and evolution of PepsiCo IT controls framework to ensure control structure keeps pace with organizational changes and process developments.
- Develop appropriate materials to train and communicate PepsiCo IT controls framework to IT associates, both domestically and internationally.
- Execute quarterly / ad-hoc control testing and reporting to management.
- Coordination with internal and external audit, where necessary.
- Facilitate and participate with IT teams, workshops, and other sources of requirements information to plan the control environment.
- Bachelor's or Advanced degree in IT, Finance, Accounting or IT Controls related topics
- Relevant certification (e.g., CISA, CISSP, CISM) preferred.
- 6 plus years of experience in Information Technology, IT Audit or role involving review of internal risk and control processes with at least 3 years in public accounting ("Big Four" experience preferred).
- Broad understanding of business and IT functions and processes.
- Knowledge of the financial reporting process and how they are supported by IT.
- Understanding of core IT general control processes (e.g., Change Management, System Development Lifecycle, Information Security, IT Operations etc.).
- Experience in designing, documenting, implementing and testing IT control processes in a public company environment as it relates to risks and controls in the Sarbanes Oxley realm and third-party managed environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication and presentation skills
- Excellent decision making and problem solving skills
- Demonstrate out of the box thinking when confronted with new ideas or change
- Ability to work with IT staff, managers, and business representatives, both internal and external, domestic and international
- Ability to self-define strategic objectives and develop project plan to deliver results within an ambiguous/undefined environment
- Self-starter who demonstrates leadership skills and takes initiative
- Willing/"can do" attitude
- Ability to analyze and document system processes
- Ability to teamwork effectively, especially in a matrix team environment
- Ability to sustain quality work and meet deliverables within an intense operating environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Visio
Job Category: Finance
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement