Market Director Designate
External Posting Title: Market Director Designate
Can you lead and influence a large multi-level team with the insight, innovation and impact to deliver a winning sales plan? Are you someone who is passionate about growing a business and developing world class talent?
If YES, read on about PepsiCo and an opportunity we have within our North America Beverage business.
PepsiCo offers the world's largest portfolio of billion-dollar food and beverage brands, including 22 different product lines that generate more than $1 billion each in annual retail sales. Our main businesses include Pepsi Cola, Quaker, Tropicana, Gatorade, and Frito-Lay.
PepsiCo’s diversified portfolios of iconic beverages are enjoyed all over the world. Our beverage business is comprised of 11 billion-dollar brands that span carbonated soft drinks, juices and juice drinks, ready-to-drink teas and coffees, sports drinks, and bottled waters across more than 200 countries and territories around the world. We steward some of the world’s most iconic brands including Pepsi, Aquafina, Mountain Dew, Miranda, 7Up; as well as driving exciting new brands like Caleb’s Kola, Stubborn Soda, LifeWTR and IZZE.
As a Market Director, you will lead a sales team that influences growth across the world’s largest portfolio of billion dollar brands, specifically Pepsi, Mountain Dew, Sierra Mist, Aquafina, Gatorade, SoBe, Lipton, and Amp Energy.
The Market Director Designate role is designed as an 8-12 month leadership training program. Market Director Designates will receive a customized on-boarding plan to assimilate and develop the necessary skillset in preparation for a future PepsiCo Sales Leader role.
Upon completion of the training program in a specified market, you will be required to relocate within a defined region. You will be promoted to Market Director and take ownership of your own territory. You will be responsible for leading a team of sales employees both frontline hourly/commissioned and salaried to drive superior marketplace execution, customer service, share growth, and profit performance for your assigned market. Collaborating with customer teams on execution, priorities, and timing is all part of the scope of a Market Director.
What critical experiences will you gain as a Market Director? You will learn the business, experience how to influence across sales and operations, lead and develop a large team, and learn how to grow the business.
A Market Director contributes to the success of our North America Beverage business by leading the sales and distribution strategy for a regional area. This broad leadership role encompasses sales, customer service, marketing equipment and warehousing operations.
Are you hungry to be a part of the World’s largest portfolio of billion dollar food and beverage brands? Then now is the time to explore the Possibilities of PepsiCo.
- Maximize volume and revenue in a defined region in a direct store delivery go-to-market environment
- Manage a budget / P&L
- Work with cross functional teams to ensure execution of an annual operating plan
- Cultivate strong relationships with key customers in the region and develop business relationships with key stakeholders in the community
- Activate local and national marketplace initiatives and promotions to build brand development and maximize brand performance
- Lead, coach, develop, and motivate an amazing team of sales professionals on selling, display execution, and merchandising standards
- Ensure the team delivers volume and revenue results while managing costs
- Partner with region and leverage headquarter resources to support change plans
- Demonstrated leadership of large multi-level teams
- Compelling, powerful communication w/ability to persuade
- Upwardly mobile historical career path
- Both a strategic outlook and focus on Executional Excellence
- Business & Financial Acumen (leverage analytics & insights to create strategy)
- Transferable skill set to sell/understands customers
- Motivator/coach who is able to leverage performance mgmt. and development
- Awareness of levers to drive results with team and in market
- Bachelor's Degree required
- 7-12 years General Management experience to include hands on day-to-day sales operational experience
- A minimum of 7 years industry experience in Consumer Packaged Goods, Food & Beverage, Retail, Grocery, and/or Military
- Proven leadership capability with a strong track record of leading and influencing a front line sales organization
- Experience with expense management and/or managing a P&L
- Direct Store Delivery experience preferred
- Commitment and ability to succeed within a fast paced organization
- Must be willing and able to lift up to 40 lbs. periodically
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
Job Category: Sales
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement