Go To Market EHS Representative
This position contributes to the success of PepsiCo – North America Beverages (NAB) by working closely with location employees and leadership to ensure regulatory compliance (OSHA, EPA, and DOT), incident prevention, and fleet safety, . This position will work to support the implementation of the Zero Zone NAB EHS Management System across a pre-defined area. The ideal candidate must have knowledge in employee and motor vehicle safety as well as have DOT, OSHA, and EPA compliance experience.
Responsible for supporting the daily Environmental, Health & Safety operations, by supporting the location management team with integration of Safety, Fleet and Driver Safety, Environmental incident prevention, workers' compensation and regulatory compliance into day-to-day work operations. The GTM EHS Representative has responsibility to analyze incident data, develop and implement actionable safety solutions, and overall execution of Zero Zone performance strategy. The candidate is expected to provide collaborative, proactive, and creative problem solving ability to develop best-in-class EHS programs for the improvement of the overall EHS strategy at the appointed GTM locations.
Major Tasks, Key Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities:
- Ensure compliance with the Pepsi - North American Beverages EHS policies and procedures, and all federal, state, and local OSHA/EPA/DOT regulations (i.e. Lockout, Haz Com, Machine Safety, SARA, RCRA, DOT, etc.)
- Assist in the development and implementation of the EHS Action Plans for the Market Unit
- Act as the primary EHS contact for specified GTM sites, with EHS Associate Manager acting as mentor and resource for development of broader EHS leadership skills.
- Achieve annual reduction targets rates for Lost Time, Recordable, Severity, Collision, and Environmental
- Ensure compliance with applicable safety, environmental, and motor vehicle regulations
- Manage strategies to prevent workplace injuries, environmental incidents, and vehicle accidents
- Demonstrate solid employee relations experience, interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills
- Display strong problem solving, organizational and analytical skills
- Demonstrate professional maturity and ability to act as a change leader by influencing all levels of the organization to drive continuous improvement in safety performance
- Conduct EHS activities such as training/auditing/assessing to ensure ongoing compliance with regulatory agency requirements, Zero Zone Management System standards, and internal PepsiCo EHS procedures
- Perform risk assessments and assist in the implementation of effective physical and/ or behavioral control measures. Recognize and verify the effectiveness of in-place control measures
- Identify unsafe equipment operation and conditions while demonstrating knowledge of appropriate corrective action for unsafe conditions or equipment use
- Complete driver qualification work in First Advantage and First Source (or like 3rd party DOT vendors)
- Lead all Market sites through DOT GTM audit events as the primary resource.
- Act as the lead resource to develop and implement corrective actions addressing GTM DOT audit findings.
- Deeply understand and assist in the deployment of NAB’s TEST DRIVE defensive driving training program
- Exercise a leadership, coordination, and communication role with the location leadership to drive continuous EHS improvement across the location
- Assist with root cause analyses and develop corrective action plans to address root basic causes and management system weak-spots through the use of industry-recognized cause analysis techniques (5-Why, etc.)
- Follow all applicable facility environmental, health, & safety requirements (e.g. PPE policy), policies, and procedures for reporting incidents and/or injuries Support the continuous improvement of PepsiCo GEHSMS programs and procedures though active leadership.
- Bachelor’s Degree. EHS focus preferred.
- Minimum of three plus years of experience in the safety & environmental field. Preferably in a sales/distribution environment
- Strong communication, follow-up and influence skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to execute against an established vision and strategic plan with ability to manage change.
- High level of urgency to provide World Class results.
- Technical understanding of OSHA, DOT and Environmental Standards.
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement