Condition Monitoring and Lubrication Specialist
External Posting Title: Condition Monitoring and Lubrication Specialist
PepsiCo is looking for a Condition Monitoring and Lubrication Specialist to join our busy engineering team in Coventry.
PepsiCo UK is home to some of the world’s most loved food and drink products. Making every day favourites like Walkers Crisps and Quaker Oats, we have a fantastic reputation for developing and launching products that our consumers love. We pride ourselves on being a great place to work and have recently been voted a Top Employer for the sixth year in a row!
Our factory in Coventry is our biggest snacks manufacturing site in the UK, producing a number of well-known brands including Doritos, SunBites, Squares, French Fries, Wotsits and Monster Munch. It is a multi-technology plant with significant automation and is home to around 650 of our team.
As a Condition Monitoring and Lubrication Specialist you will actively seek to maximise plant uptime by effectively coordinating and developing the site condition monitoring and lubrication programmes whilst maximising compliance through planning, execution, completion, training and delegation of scheduled maintenance tasks.
What you’ll get up to:
- Drive ‘best practice’ for condition monitoring and lubrication to develop a preventative approach to maintenance.
- Manage maintenance of all condition monitoring and lubrication equipment along with data capture and interrogation of ‘Holroyd’ data base.
- Act as first level maintenance to resolve any anomalies found during gathering condition monitoring data and correct action taken from any monitored trends, through preventative or reactive work orders.
- Issue quarterly update reports for condition monitoring and lubrication activities.
- Track maintenance compliance to condition monitoring schedules and communicate results from checks to Maintenance Manager/Planner/Asset Care/Ops Team in a weekly report. Track any follow up on site requests and preventative work orders using MP2 reports.
- Support weekly planning and lead the planned and preventative agenda to ensure all planned tasks and preventative tasks are reviewed and planned as required.
- Enhance existing Condition Monitoring techniques by sourcing and testing the latest equipment and techniques bringing in best practice either from the food industry or beyond.
- Track weekly lubrication usage levels and monitor lubrication spend and support on high spends investigations.
- Introduce new lubrication, Condition Monitoring schedules for new project areas – this will also be relevant for CI or design changes.
- Develop Con Mon/lube training modules for inclusion into Site training packages.
- Provide regular coaching to Manufacturing Technicians, Asset Care and apprentices group to develop condition monitoring and lubrication skills.
- Develop, submit and drive implementation at least one improvement idea per quarter within all aspects of lubrication and condition monitoring.
What we’re looking for:
- Time served mechanical engineer, qualified to either ONC/HNC or previous experience within engineering/condition monitoring at FMCG manufacturing.
- Food manufacturing experience would also be an advantage.
- Previous experience of condition monitoring & lubrication systems would be an advantage.
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Computer literate, familiar with computer software (Word, Excel,CMMS)
- Demonstrate analysis and problem solving capabilities
- Good influencing, presentation, communication and decision making skills
- Self-motivated, proactive individual able to work autonomously and within a team environment
This role comes with a competitive salary and range of flexible benefits (flexible holiday, discounted private healthcare, tired pension scheme, cycle to work, gym flex etc).Relocation Eligible: Not Eligible for Relocation
Job Category: Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain
Job Type: Regular