Product & Structural Designer
External Posting Title: Product & Structural Designer
Why PepsiCo Design?
At PepsiCo design, we have a saying: “We’re crazy enough to think we can inspire the future.” This is what drives us, in everything we imagine, develop and execute.
Our goal is clear: to connect PepsiCo’s beverage, snacks and nutrition portfolios, with today’s hyper-connected, networked users and consumers hungry for meaningful, authentic and relevant brand experiences across multiple touch points and regions of the world.
The Product & Structural Designer is responsible for execution of comprehensive product design and structural packaging projects within PepsiCo’s Design & Innovation Center. In this role, he/she will create world-class consumer product experiences that generate business value and drive projects from ideation to execution for North America Beverages. Successful candidates will demonstrate superior ability to generate, visualize and realize design solutions throughout concept development, refinement, and execution with ownership of quality of thinking and outputs.
This role requires strong proficiencies in the following: product sketching/rapid visualization, storytelling/storyboarding, ideation, renderings, 2D/3D prototyping, research & analysis, cross-functional collaboration, and presentation work.
***Due to the portfolio of products and business this position supports (North America Beverages- NAB) we require this position to work 90% out of our White Plain, NY office (NAB headquarters with the NAB Design team onsite) and 10% out of the Global Design and Innovation center in NYC. ***
**MUST SUBMIT A LINK TO YOUR PORTFOLIO WITH RESUME/ APPLICATION FOR CONSIDERATION***
- Generate fresh, compelling design solutions for business pipeline, brand experience/activations, and long-term strategic initiatives while representing consumer-centric thinking and excellent aesthetic sensibility for complex design challenges.
- Research and develop a point-of-view on relevant market/design trends, consumer segments, and the competitive landscape to inspire and guide design directions.
- Translate consumer needs, brand identity attributes, contextual imagery, and visual direction into functional, beautiful, brand-targeted product experiences.
- Create engaging presentation deliverables that may include research summaries, sketches/renderings, scenarios, appearance models and functional prototypes.
- Build 3D CAD for concept propositions for rapid prototyping or for communicating design intent to R&D, stakeholders, and business partners
- Collaborate with functions across the enterprise to identify opportunities, solve design issues, and preserve design intent throughout initiatives.
- Drive design projects in collaboration with internal and external resources.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Bachelor’s/ Master’s degree in Industrial/Product Design
- Strong portfolio demonstrating a superb sense of aesthetics, surfacing, ergonomics, usability, prototyping, and user-centered design methodologies.
- World-class rapid-visualization skills (eg. hand-sketching, storytelling/storyboarding, etc) is required.
- High-proficiency in relevant software (eg. Adobe CC, 3D CAD modeling and rendering packages) is a must
- Comfortable working in all phases of the design process - from research to concept development and detail design for manufacturing
- Excellent verbal, written, and visual communication and presentation skills
- Willingness to support and collaborate with the Innovation, Brand, Category, and Product Design teams across the studio.
- Model-Making/Rapid-Prototyping or Digital/UX/Interaction Design or front-end coding experience is a strong plus.
Job Category: Design
Job Type: Pipeline
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement