Supply Chain Production Planner
External Posting Title: Supply Chain Production Planner
We are now recruiting a permanent Production Planner to join our Supply Chain team in Little Island, Cork.
We are the concentrate team in PepsiCo (PGCS) working across the Beverage, Nutrition and Snacks categories to deliver concentrate for many of PepsiCo’s mega brands including Gatorade, 7Up and Pepsi. We are at the heart of PepsiCo products, sourcing ingredients to manufacture more than 1,200 recipes for our brands. We are a global organisation, situated in 17 locations across 11 countries offering careers in various functions from Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Procurement, Quality, Finance, R&D, HR and IT. We want team members who can collaborate in our fast paced global organisation and are passionate about creating and delivering much-loved household brands to markets across the world.
The supply chain team are the lynch pin of operations ensuring the careful coordination of concentrate ingredients and recipes. The team works with our global plants, bottlers and Distribution Centres to ensure flawless supply execution for PepsiCo. Would you like to work in a dynamic global environment connected in to 140 markets worldwide? If so we could take your talents to a whole new level.
- Coded keys
- Develop and implement E2E global supply chain model to support planning and inventory management of internally manufactured key ingredients across all PGCS concentrate facilities
- Develop and align with key ingredient team the appropriate safety and cycle stocks for all PGCS concentrate facilities
- Develop annual production plan for all facilities and align with all stakeholders and monthly basis taking consideration of on latest inventory and demand signal
- Produce a monthly report which shows the current inventory (by plant) of each material (managed by a team in NY), its monthly anticipated consumption and monthly inventory balance, highlight any materials that are below safety stock levels or have excess inventory
- Production Planning and Scheduling of essences/extracts to support Singapore plant requirements:
- Determine and align with Singapore SC team appropriate safety and cycle stocks for components to support ongoing production requirements
- Perform weekly review of Singapore MRP requirements and develop production plans to meet these demands
- Align weekly requirements with Cork planning team to plan and schedule production
- Create and release process orders on SAP in line with production plan for all manufacturing, filling and rework orders
- Communicates requirements and order confirmations to Customer Services representative to ensure shipment and delivery to support order fulfillment in Singapore facility.
- Reviewing capacity utilisation and manage volume to optimize use of available capacity across plants
- Developing detailed production schedules by work center in line with capacity capabilities
- Inventory management: Reviewing product freshness and determining potential usage of ageing product. Completing monthly excess and obsolescence inventory review and classify potential risk accordingly. Identifying inventory for disposal and cross change.
- Control and compliance: Develop and maintain Global Controls Standard (GCS) documentation and ensure full compliance. Successfully complete SOX and GCS audits as required.
- Information management: Maintain planning master data as required. Develop and maintain production order policies (Minimum & Maximum Batch sizes) to optimize plant efficiency and working capital requirements while ensuring product availability to meet Customer demands.
- Training and documentation: Provide cover as required across the planning area. Ensure a comprehensive set of up-to-date training manuals are in place for each planning area .
- Strong supply chain and/or production planning experience ideally in a dynamic multinational organization.
- Excellent MRP and analytical skills, with a proven ability to problem solve and make quick decisions.
- Excellent communication/interpersonal skills, both verbal and written.
- Be capable of working effectively in a cross functional environment.
- Ability to manage multiple, complex tasks, with strong attention to detail.
- Results orientated and commitment to achieving objectives; Ability to work on own initiative.
- Excellent Customer Awareness and customer focus.
- Third level qualification in Supply Chain or related discipline.
- Experience in use of SAP and/or relevant planning systems is required.
PepsiCo products are enjoyed by consumers one billion times a day in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. PepsiCo generated approximately $63 billion in net revenue in 2016, driven by a complementary food and beverage portfolio that includes Frito-Lay, Gatorade, Pepsi-Cola, Quaker and Tropicana. PepsiCo’s product portfolio includes a wide range of enjoyable foods and beverages, including 22 brands that generate more than $1 billion each in estimated annual retail sales.
At the heart of PepsiCo is Performance with Purpose – our fundamental belief that the success of our company is inextricably linked to the sustainability of the world around. We believe that continuously improving the products we sell, operating responsibly to protect our planet and empowering people around the world is what enables PepsiCo to run a successful global company that creates long-term value for society and our shareholders. For more information, visit www.pepsico.com.
For the purposes of external advertising we have called this role a (Supply Chain Production Planner). However please note that the internal job title the successful candidate will have will be (SC Plng Assoc Planner”)Relocation Eligible: Not Applicable
Job Category: Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain
Job Type: Regular