R&D Platform Development Manager
External Posting Title: R&D Platform Development Manager
PepsiCo are on the look-out for an experienced Project Manager to join Flavour and Seasonings team based in Leicester on a 12 month fixed term contract.
At PepsiCo innovation takes centre stage. That means our Global R&D team are at the heart of the action and are kept busy creating exciting new flavours and products for consumers across the world. In a fast-moving consumer environment, our research and development capability is crucial to provide a fresh twist to our favourite brands as well as creating new healthy choices that we need to succeed in the market. Focusing our research and development on meeting the latest consumer needs - whether nutrition, refreshment or indulgence –will drive our growth both now and in the future. Do you share our passion for innovation and flavour? If so we could take your talents to a whole new level.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a creative new product development manager to join Flavour & Seasoning team to help create and develop products of the future. We have a leading edge function where you will work with some of the best people in the industry. You’ll be leading work streams to develop flavour and seasoning solutions for launch into our Developing & Emerging markets across Western Europe and South Africa (WESSA).
- Manage a wide project portfolio of WESSA snack brands with significant turnover in an FMCG environment where the priorities are constantly evolving at a fast pace (brands including Walkers, Cheetos, Doritos, Lays, Ruffles and Sensations).
- Report and manage the R&D cost centre expenditure against given programmes.
- Identify and develop product /technical solutions for activities across WESSA.
- Manage raw material suppliers (including seasoning houses) and 3rd parties to lead work programmes.
- Plan, organise and supervise pilot/plant trials within our own factories and co-manufacturers.
- Demonstrate an understanding, application and analysis of consumer product testing, sensory and analytical testing to deliver superior products to the market.
- Develop and implement Seasoning Functionality Prediction methodologies to align with Global teams.
- Stakeholder interaction with project teams across multiple functions and disciplines
- Manage and develop the NPD cycle, renovation and productivity projects with guidance and direction on priorities from the Technology Head.
Key Skills and Experience:
- Graduate in a Food Science or related discipline.
- Significant previous experience in FMCG R&D, product or technology development roles.
- Passion for creativity and innovation within a commercially driven environment.
- Strives for high standards, seeks innovative solutions, drives continuous improvement of products and processes and demonstrates a high degree of attention to detail.
- Deep understanding of Food Science, Food Engineering and Manufacturing.
- In-depth analytical skills to interpret complex data and distil into meaningful information e.g. interpreting consumer insights, experimental design and statistical inference.
- Strong project management skills to effectively drive a complex project portfolio across different markets.
This role comes with a salary in the region of £49000-52000, 10% bonus and a range of additional benefits including private medical cover.
PepsiCo produces the world’s largest portfolio of billion-dollar food and beverage brands, including 22 product lines that each generates more than $1billion in annual retail sales. Our main businesses – Frito-Lay, Quaker, Pepsi-Cola, Tropicana and Gatorade – also make hundreds of other nourishing, tasty foods and drinks that bring joy to our consumers in more than 200 countries.Relocation Eligible: Not Applicable
Job Category: Research and Development
Job Type: Regular