Sales internship: Next Interns Day, 2018
External Posting Title: Sales internship: Next Interns Day, 2018
What does the role involve?
PepsiCo is looking for independent, enthusiastic and ambitious interns for the Sales Team, for a period of 6 months from August/September onwards; consisting of Sales managers, Account Managers, Account Supports and Commercial Finance. Within this department we have four possible positions focusing on different buying groups.
Sales SuperUnie: participate in daily work needed for the 13 retailers (e.g. Plus, Hoogvliet, Dirk van den Broek) that are part of the SuperUnie Buying group.
Sales Albert Heijn: participate in daily work needed to manage AH and focus on the long-term partnership with Albert Heijn.
Sales NFR&HD/Jumbo: participate in daily work focusing on Non-Food Retail (e.g. Kruidvat, Action & Big Bazar), Hard Discounters (e.g. Aldi) and Jumbo.
Broadly, your job will involve:
• supporting the sales teams in all daily & ad hoc (multi-disciplinary) projects (with category management, shopper marketing, etc.);
• contributing in preparations needed for different internal & external meetings;
• supporting the roll-out of account plans;
• searching for new trends, opportunities and innovations within the different retailers and spot our own brands;
• contributing to a Go-To-Market strategy;
• maintaining an overview of our entire calendar within a dynamic team, and you will always be informed about where/when we should invest.
Sales Out-Of-Home: As our intern, you will make sure that the right visuals and product-samples are in place when launching new products and innovations. You will also be able to support the account manager in the coordination of promotions with the Wholesalers and Channels (promotional planning, providing visuals and inserts). Furthermore, you will optimize the ‘away from home’ data, which will include provision of customer updates on assortment overviews, pack-shots, databases etc.).
Please mention in your motivation letter which of the four buying groups you would like to focus on!
Who are we looking for?
You are someone who:
• is an WO Bachelor’s or Master’s student or graduated (max. 3 months) with a commercial direction;
• understands the added value of leading brands and is motivated by the opportunity to contribute to the success of these brands;
• likes to have room for space for own initiatives;
• does not flinch from convincing colleagues of other departments with our sales plans;
• is analytical and likes to follow the performance of products;
• has computer skills (e.g. Excel, PowerPoint);
• is fluent in Dutch (in both speaking and writing) and has a good command over the English language too.
What do we offer you?
At PepsiCo, we are not only proud of our market leading brands, but also attach great value to growth opportunities and personal development. Next to working with inspirational and creative colleagues, we offer sufficient training opportunities to give our professionals the opportunity to achieve great results. At PepsiCo we foster an informal working atmosphere and value everyone’s input and ideas. No day is ever the same and you will constantly be challenged to bring out your best!
As an intern, you will not only be remunerated for your role, which will include travel allowances, but also get several opportunities which will ensure that you have a holistic, and fun experience for six months. For example, you, are given multiple chances to connect with the current interns (25-30) that help in knowledge and experience sharing; get to take home goodies from the company every Friday, to name a few!
About PepsiCo and you!
PepsiCo is one of the largest food and beverages companies in the world. Everyday worldwide people consume PepsiCo products, more than a billion times. With strong brands like Pepsi, 7UP, Lay's, Tropicana, Doritos, Quaker and Duyvis, we are firmly represented within the Benelux. Here, we work with 1400 employees at 7 different locations to ensure the success of our company. At PepsiCo we cultivate an informal, dynamic and result-oriented business culture - we strive for success!
At the heart of PepsiCo, is Performance with Purpose — our goal to deliver top-tier financial performance while creating sustainable value for all stakeholders. We believe that delivering for our consumers and customers, protecting our environment, sourcing with integrity and investing in our employees are not just the right thing to do, but that these actions also position PepsiCo for long-term, sustainable growth.
By uploading your CV, for the aforementioned vacancy, you will automatically apply for the Next Interns Day on the 8th of May, 2018. During this day the selection for this internship will take place. We will invite a maximum of 40 students for this event. The deadline for uploading your CVs is the 17th of April, 2018. For more information about this day please keep an eye out on our career website: https://apply.pepsicojobs.com/main/jobs?page=1
After considering your application, we will shortly give you the opportunity to answer a few questions via a phone interview. You will hear from us shortly, thereafter, giving you the outcome. For questions regarding the Next Interns Day or our internship vacancies, please contact Tarjani Bhatt (030-247 3811 or tarjani.bhatt@ pepsico.com).
Job Category: Students
Job Type: Pipeline