Mid-Atlantic Region Category Manager
External Posting Title: Mid-Atlantic Region Category Manager
We are PepsiCo Sales. We are game changers, mountain movers and history makers. We are a diverse group, spread among 200 countries and united by a shared set of values and goals.
That’s why we Perform with Purpose. Together, we blaze new trails, succeed, celebrate and never settle for second best. At PepsiCo, we’re committed to performing well as individuals and in teams, to strengthen the company as a whole.
Are you hungry to be a part of the World’s largest portfolio of billion dollar food and beverage brands? Then now is the time to explore the Possibilities of PepsiCo.
Frito Lay is PepsiCo’s snack manufacturing, sales and distribution operating unit. They have the world’s largest portfolio of billion dollar foods and are specifically responsible for the growth of some of America’s favorite snack foods, including FRITOS®, LAY’S®, DORITOS®, CHEETOS®, AND TOSTITOS.
This role is part of the Frito Lay Insights organization. The Category Manager will lead category management for the Mid-Atlantic Region based in Columbia, Maryland.
- Proactively identify and lead category management initiatives for the Mid-Atlantic Region that drive category growth while increasing Frito Lay's sales and profits.
- Build and maintain long-term relationships key retailers through objective insight development and presentation.
- Communicate business opportunities and recommend action plans by working with sales teams to develop persuasive fact based turnkey and custom sales presentations.
- Develop customized selling solutions leveraging all available selling materials and enablers provided by HQ.
- Maintain frequent and fluid communication within and among functional teams regarding projects, insights, and/or opportunities.
- Manage, coach and develop Frito Lay Category Analyst.
- Other duties and responsibilities entail: managing schematics and assortment optimization, new item communication, creating region selling material and score carding.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 5-7 years’ work experience in the CPG industry
- Demonstrated experience using Syndicated Data via IRI and/or Nielsen
- Demonstrated experience using Customer POS Data
- Understanding of Consumer Data via Syndicated Panel
- Disaggregated Panel, Spectra etc.
- Understanding and application of space management tools i.e. ProSpace
- Strong Leadership Skills: ability to direct activities of team members towards goals
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong organization skills capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
Job Category: Sales
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement