R&D Physical Characterisation Section Lead
External Posting Title: R&D Physical Characterisation Section Lead
PepsiCo is looking for a Physical Characterisation Section Lead to join our R&D Analytical Science Lab Team.
Innovation takes centre stage at PepsiCo and our R&D team is forever busy creating new and exciting products for our consumers around the world. In a fast-moving environment like ours, our R&D capability is crucial in making sure we meet the latest consumer needs, whether nutrition, refreshment or indulgence. At the heart of our innovation is Beaumont Park in Leicester, our state-of-the-art R&D facility, where this role is based.
As a Physical Characterisation Section Lead you’ll use your analytical expertise to provide technical insight during product/process development, manufacturing scale-up and R&D innovations programs.
What you’ll get up to:
- Conduct business critical Research & Development Programmes / Projects.
- Serve as the key Physical Characterisation group liaison to the Categories in Europe.
- Generate hypotheses and the conduct sound project research - plan, design, execute and report statistically sound experiments in a precise and timely manner.
- Assist the team with the interpretation and reporting of experimental results.
- Use available planning tools and processes to schedule work activities and goals with minimal supervision.
- Collaborate with the wider R&D team to understand key analytical programmes / projects that are on the horizon.
- Strategically build PepsiCo Analytical Communities working with senior internal stakeholders.
- Perform and evaluate analytical measurements across the PepsiCo product portfolio ranging from raw material ingredients to finished products.
- Support Analytical teams and Quality Programme in the execution of the analytical workload to deliver accurate, timely and meaningful insight data.
- Develop & approve Standard Operating Procedures for analytical methods and equipment
- Train and sign off junior member of the team on the correct laboratory procedures
- Work alongside Laboratory Leaders to assess priorities and execute the assigned workload with minimal supervision.
- Master’s degree (MSc.) or Post graduate qualification in a Chemistry related discipline.
- Deep understanding of, and extensive experience with, applying a wide range of materials science techniques to understanding structure-function relationships of foods and beverages.
- Advanced knowledge i.e. postgraduate qualification or relevant industrial experience in the development and application of at least two of the following analytical techniques:
- Rheometry, Tribology, Texture Profile Analysis, Rapid Viscosity Analysis
- Thermal Analysis (DSC, TGA, TMA)
- Strong experience of coordinating analytical support programmes
- Knowledge in using Statistical Tools, i.e. Minitab
- Ability to interpret and analyse complex multivariate data, make business recommendations and effectively communicate findings to internal and external stakeholders to aid decision making.
- Strong experience of coordinating technically complex analytical support programmes.
- Have knowledge and interest in up and coming technology.
- Able to create and implement practical solutions to test ideas or improve equipment and demonstrates a high degree of attention to detail
- Pragmatic, solutions focused approach backed by strong technical and analytical skills
- Able to build relationships with all levels of the organisation
- Strong IT skills, able to learn new systems quickly and to apply them in a fast moving business environment.
- Good presentation skills (written & verbal)
This role comes with a competitive salary and wider range of flexible benefits including bonus and private healthcare.
PepsiCo products are enjoyed by consumers one billion times a day in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. PepsiCo generated approximately $63 billion in net revenue in 2016, driven by a complementary food and beverage portfolio that includes Frito-Lay, Gatorade, Pepsi-Cola, Quaker and Tropicana. PepsiCo’s product portfolio includes a wide range of enjoyable foods and beverages, including 22 brands that generate more than $1 billion each in estimated annual retail sales.Relocation Eligible: Not Applicable
Job Category: Research and Development
Job Type: Regular