Focused Improvement Supervisor
External Posting Title: Focused Improvement Supervisor
This position contributes to the success of the Pepsi Beverages Company by maintaining & improving true efficiency (TE), running efficiency (RE), production system capabilities, and operational stability. Responsibilities include cost efficiency, continuous improvement on processes, service, and safety. The FI develops mastery of the processes they are assigned to and uses that mastery to deliver improved TE, quality, and yield. The FI is the site TPM pillar lead for Focused Improvement.
MAJOR TASKS, ACCOUNTABILITIES & KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Active member of Autonomous Maintenance (AM) team and attend weekly TPM Drumbeats
- Oversee the Centerline System (CL) and Clean Inspect and Lubrication (CIL) management, including its development, maintenance & change management tracking
- Responsible for loss analysis & TE improvement plan development, plan execution leadership, and results tracking
- Responsible for reporting out Focused Improvement pillar phase progression during site and regional reviews
- Create trigger matrix to drive improvements through completion of simple root cause (SRC) analysis
- Daily review of TPM Review and Response scorecard (myOPD) and error rate for planned and unplanned downtime
- Completion of Lean Six Sigma (LSS) project as required by plant management
- Responsible for rapid changeover activities including principles, target setting, and leading successful efforts reducing changeover time to achieve challenging objectives.
- Oversee analytical troubleshooting & problem solving & develop team to solve day-to-day operational issues and reach short- and long-term performance goals
- Deliver effective change leadership - driving business changes while minimizing people impact
- Communicate and collaborate cross-functionally to assist team to solve operational issues
- Motivate team members to achieve plan goals
- Understand the fundamental tools & methodologies of the following TPM pillars – FI, AM, PM, EM & OCCI
- Drive TE/RE through procedural and operational improvements in both planned and unplanned downtime areas by reducing minor stops and breakdowns
- Demonstrate good oral and written communication skills through leading meetings, facilitating meetings and preparing written plant communications.
- Completion of assigned myLearning training courses for TPM
- Assist in plant initiatives and direct line supervision as needed.
- This role requires regular presence on the plant floor
- This role may requires lifting up to 40 lbs. occasionally
- This role may operate manufacturing equipment occasionally
- This role may require off-shift , weekend work and/or holidays
- This may require walking or standing most of the time during the shift and may include stooping, crawling and crouching over and under conveyors.
- This role may require some travel (less than 5%)
- Experience with minor mechanical repairs (e.g., jams, using tools, making basic adjustments to equipment, etc.)
- Experience with preventative maintenance (e.g., inspecting and maintaining equipment, detecting and correcting issues before they occur, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required. Preferably in engineering, business, operations management, or similar field
- Lean Six Sigma Experience preferred, demonstrated by successful completion of a major improvement project.
- 2 + years of manufacturing experience in a consumer products manufacturing operation preferred
- Must be self-motivated, results and action oriented.
- Ability to make independent and sound decisions.
- Ability to conduct assessments and audits and evaluate to measure progress.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Solid understanding of Business Finance principles
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite applications
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback
- Ability to lead a team-based approach to decision making
- Demonstrated ability to work in a results-oriented, challenging environment
- Strong leadership with the ability to get results through mentoring others
- Effective coaching, facilitation, presentation, and team building skills
Job Category: Manufacturing and Production
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement