Franchise Development Senior Analyst
Lipton is Unilever’s largest brand in turnover and global presence.
To this extent Lipton is a truly global brand. The Ready to Drink (RTD) Team is a team of highly motivated and capable people.
We are looking for an experienced, energized Business Manager to play a key role within the AMENA regional team. If you have a passion for growth, for brands, for innovation and outside the box thinking then this is the job for you.
A role in Pepsi Lipton is a unique opportunity in Unilever. It is a Joint Venture between Unilever and PepsiCo to manufacture and sell Lipton Ice Tea and operates across the globe. As a company in its own right, the joint venture has its own board of directors. Whilst in constant contact with its parent companies, it runs as a separate entity on a day to day basis.
As a global company the variation in countries, bottlers and manufacturing sites makes this a very exciting place to work.
We have 5 regional organisations operating across North America, Europe, Latin America, North Africa Middle East and Asia (AMENA) and Greater China and we are constantly breaking new ground with launches into white markets.
Whilst we have the backing and support of our two parent companies, our entrepreneurial set up gives us real autonomy. Our roles are broad, our responsibilities big and our experiences even bigger. We have high visibility and great exposure – to senior leadership and to talented colleagues all over the world. It means we need to be impactful, smart influencers. And it means that we can get involved in the end-to-end business in a way that’s just not possible at our parent companies.
So if you want to really challenge yourself, and experience a whole new way of working without leaving your parent company, this could be the perfect place to take your career to the next level.
To lead the Pepsi Lipton beverage agenda for North Africa markets namely Egypt, Morocco and opening new markets as Algeria. Starting the business in Algeria on a strong foothold and restore Egypt’s business to drive long term sustainable growth.
The role works in close partnership with the Franchise Director for MENA region to ensure that sales growth targets across the region are met. It will be accountable for top and bottom line results as well as leading the brand building plans for Lipton and managing the relationship between Pepsi Lipton and the bottlers.
- Develop Annual Operating Plan (AOP) by marketing focusing on driving profitable growth
- Develop and align with bottlers a detailed marketing activity plan to deliver agreed strategies, including but not limited to: Distribution targets, Consumer promotions, Price pack strategy, and channel strategy with specific focus on Modern Trade (MT) and On Premise (OP) channels
- Translate our marketing plans into market wise execution plans and work with the local teams on cascading these plans to channels all the way to the Customer Representative (CR) level
- Develop Point of Purchase (POP) material required to suit local channels and customers.
- Lead and support the bottlers Go to Market (G2M) teams in the execution of AOP plans and target settings
- Manage local implementation of operational projects (innovations, packaging changes etc.) and coordinate with Pepsi Lipton International (PLI) technical and operational resources as required.
- Own the markets Profit and Loss (P/L) to deliver system (PLI and bottlers) value
- Bachelor Degree
- Minimum 5 years of commercial experience in a franchise role or functional sales role
- Excellent drive and results-oriented spirit
- Advocating for the position of the brand
- Collaborating and influencing stakeholders
- Strong Emotional Intelligence (E.I) and ability to build strong relationships with, and manage culturally diverse groups of people from two distinctive corporate cultures (Unilever and PepsiCo)
Job Type: Regular