eCommerce Supply Chain Development Manager
External Posting Title: eCommerce Supply Chain Development Manager
This is a strategic "new" role tasked with designing the eCommerce end to end supply chain model to enable PEP growth in this key strategic area for our Europe Sub-Saharan Africa business.
Primary responsibilities of the role are to;
1. Design the ESSA eCommerce Supply Chain model - assess current Supply Chain capabilities & identify future capabilities/design needed (inc. MAKE/REPACK/MOVE/"Last mile" delivery/Information technology requirements & associated P&L implications) with UK being first focus
2. Lead the deployment of the ESSA eCommerce Supply Chain model within the CS&L environment and facilitate integration into the wider Supply Chain operating model across ESSA.
3. Partner with ESSA eCommerce Commercial teams to understand future requirements and collaborate on appropriate resultant SC design and execution needs.
4. Build UK capabilities with lift and shift to other key ESSA markets to create the eCommerce blueprint for roll out into other ESSA markets.
In summary the role also requires a high degree of influencing & collaboration;
-internally (UK/ESSA) -< eCommerce /Commercial, Commercialisation, E2E Supply Chain, IT & Finance
-externally -< Amazon/Ocado, eGrocery, 3PLS & other peer companies
· Produce and deliver the eCommerce supply chain end to end process and liaise with eCommerce commercial functions on requirements
· Partner with eCommerce commercial/ strategy teams to understand future growth/volume/mix requirements
· Assess current SC capabilities ie., MAKE & MOVE (inc. REPACK)
· Identify future SC capabilities and design eCommerce Supply Chain model(s) for deployment
· Pilot and test new eCommerce Supply Chain model
· Leverage learnings from the Global business to roll out and share best practice
· Develop Supply Chain blueprint for deployment across ESSA markets
· To define continuous improvement plans that will drive effective working/ improvements through the existing E2E supply chain and internally/externally with eCommerce Customers/ Supply Chain.
· Close link to day to day eCommerce Supply Chain agenda (dotted line interactions with order management & demand planning)
· Day to day management of 3rd party eCommerce distributor relationships across ESSA
Relocation Eligible: Not Applicable
· Considerable knowledge & experience of the total E2E Supply Chain (Customer Collaboration, Demand Planning, Manufacturing and Logistics) and cost drivers (min. 10 years)
· Understanding of Manufacturing (incl. Repack) & Logistics and 3rd party providers
· Able to adapt quickly to a constantly changing environment across the eCommerce agenda
· Experience of working with 3rd party providers/ partners
· Create and manage SLA's, have commercial acumen and knowledge of forecasting
· Drive root cause analysis and the successful implementation of corrective actions with causing parties to improve service and cost
· Strong collaborator and influencer
· Exposure to e-commerce and/or digital supply chain innovation
· Strong understanding of "Lean" approach/design to problem solving (eg. Kaizan Leader/Green belt) & strong project management skills
· Attention to detail and able to interrogate data to provide key insights (incl. Microsoft Excel skills)
· High level of Digital awareness/savvy
· Collaborating & influencing across boundaries - both functionally and geography
· E2E supply chain understanding, including impacts on Cost to serve (P&L)
· Build relationships - both internally & externally
Job Category: eCommerce
Job Type: Regular