PepsiCo Canada employs nearly 10,000 Canadians and is organized into two business units - PepsiCo Beverages Canada, which includes brands such as Pepsi, Gatorade and Tropicana; and PepsiCo Foods Canada, which includes Frito Lay Canada and Quaker foods & snacks. PepsiCo Canada, in turn, belongs to the global PepsiCo, Inc., family.
At PepsiCo Canada, we're committed to achieving business and financial success while leaving a positive imprint on society - delivering what we call Performance with Purpose. Performance with Purpose is at the heart of every aspect of our business.
Our people are our greatest asset. By supporting their ability to work effectively together and providing them with the tools they need to succeed, we are ensuring that PepsiCo Canada is the kind of company where talented people of all backgrounds want to work.
The Electrician contributes to the success of the Pepsi Beverages Company by repairing and installing electrical components. This individual also inspects equipment for proper functioning, performs preventative maintenance duties and diagnoses equipment malfunctions for repairs and adjustments as needed. This skilled position is located at the Mississauga Falbourne facility and is a unionized role.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Perform preventative maintenance and repair equipment as needed
- Upgrade areas with new equipment/technology; work with outside contractors on assigned line
- Perform all assigned duties in a safe and productive manner
- Follow the direction of Maintenance Leadhands and/or Supervisors
- Keep work area orderly and clean
Required Experience, Skills and Abilities:
- High School Diploma or equivalent GED required
- Must be a Certified Electrician
- Must be available to work nights and weekends
- Must have own hand tools
- Strong mathematical aptitude required
- Ability to troubleshoot high speed packaging equipment required
- Bottle and Can Line electrical maintenance experience in the food/packaged goods industry preferred
- Ability to wire equipment from blueprints an asset
- Must be able to lift/carry 50-85 lbs
- Must be able to push/pull up to 50 lbs
- Must be able to perform frequent standing, bending, twisting, crawling, kneeling, squatting, climbing, reaching and grasping
- Must be able to work shifts and overtime as required
Job Type: Regular