Senior Brand Manager – Quaker Oats
External Posting Title: Senior Brand Manager – Quaker Oats
Join the world’s largest Porridge brand!
The Quaker Oats family is looking to welcome a driven & passionate Senior Brand Manager to join our team. As a key position in our business, this is a high-profile role requiring someone who can be the voice of Quaker, both internally and with customers. Bringing to life the Quaker plans for the UK requires strong strategic thinking, creativity, drive and determination for excellence of execution.
The health agenda could not be higher in consumer, customer, government or brand thoughts in 2018. At PepsiCo, we’ve been leaning into this through our Performance with Purpose commitment; placing good, positive nutrition at the heart of our business. Quaker is one of the driving brands in our portfolio, increasing the global focus and is perfectly placed to capitalise on this opportunity.
It’s a great time to join us too! After 140 years, Quaker has grown from strength to strength with 2017 the biggest year ever for Quaker. Growing in value, volume and share we go into 2018 with even brighter ambitions.
With over 1M mentions of #Porridge on Instagram there has never been a more exciting time to grab a spoon & bowl! In this role you will have ownership of the Quaker brand’s world-renowned Porridge portfolio. As the world’s leader in Oats you will be part of the team defining the future of healthy breakfasts for shoppers & consumers all over the UK.
In this role you will have the opportunity to lead a suite of brand activations & new product launches while collaborating with the team’s marketing manager to deliver massive media support plans! From social media (@QuakerOatsUK) to in-store activations this role will offer you a high degree of influence & autonomy as the team seeks to bring a new modern energy to a brand that is 140 years old!!
So, why PepsiCo?
With over 22 billion dollar brands, PepsiCo has a well-earned reputation for Brand Marketing expertise. We are proud to be the home to some of the best Marketers in the world, and an employer of choice of aspiring marketing professionals. At PepsiCo, marketing is as much about sharp commercial thinking as creativity; our combination of courage and pragmatism has proved a real winner. If you are a marketing professional looking for an opportunity to impact the development of world class brands, we would love to hear from you!
PepsiCo produces the world’s largest portfolio of billion-dollar food and beverage brands, including 22 product lines that each generates more than $1billion in annual retail sales. Our main businesses – Frito-Lay, Quaker, Pepsi-Cola, Tropicana and Gatorade – also make hundreds of other nourishing, tasty foods and drinks that bring joy to our consumers in more than 200 countries.
For the role of Senior Brand Manager on Quaker, Key role accountabilities will include:
- Business leader for our Quaker Porridge portfolio; the significant portion of our sales. Including full accountability for the plans, working within the matrixed organisation.
- Strategic lead for the UK requirements of Quaker Porridge. Working closely with our WESA/Category team to deliver equity and innovation plans which will drive strong growth.
- Lead the media strategy and execution plans for the Porridge portfolio’s crucial winter plans, working closely with media, social media, PR & in-store agencies
- Lead development, alignment and delivery of the Sales Execution Vision for NPD working closely with the execution and sales teams.
- Overall ownership & accountability for the Porridge marketing budget including A&M and NPD
- Collaborate with key cross-functional partners: Sales, Commercialisation, Sales Execution, Consumer & Market Insights, Innovation, Shopper Marketing, Finance, Operations, R&D and external agencies.
- Put in place strong tracking and optimisation plans for Porridge NPD
We are looking for someone with key skills & experience
- Leading edge FMCG marketing experience gained in blue-chip consumer business at minimum Senior Brand Manager Level
- Significant experience and understanding across breadth of core marketing fundamentals.
- Strong NPD development and launch experience.
- A track record of taking business projects from concept to delivery.
- Solid experience of 3rd party agency management in relation to both below the line creative work
- Solid experience of media planning and campaign evaluation.
- Strong consumer understanding, skills in developing and understanding consumer insights to develop hypothesis and in using research to develop and confirm marketing strategies.
- Strong proven Strategic thinking and analytical skills and ability to turn complex data into hypothesis and make simple and clear business recommendations.
- Excellent relationship building, listening and influencing skills.
- High Financial acumen Inc. P&L awareness
- Strong Cross-functional project leadership experience
- Strong proven analytical skills and ability to turn complex data into hypothesis and make simple and clear
These opportunities are based at our Reading head office, in Berkshire and we are offering a competitive salary plus excellent benefits.Relocation Eligible: Not Applicable
Job Category: Marketing
Job Type: Regular