Corporate Insurance Risk Management - Internship
External Posting Title: Corporate Insurance Risk Management - Internship
PepsiCo is one of the world's leading food and beverage companies with over $62 billion in net revenue in 2016 and a global portfolio of diverse and beloved brands. We have a complementary food and beverage portfolio that includes 22 brands that in 2017 each generated more than $1 billion in estimated annual retail sales. PepsiCo's products are sold in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. PepsiCo's strength is its people. We are over 250,000 game changers, mountain movers and history makers, scattered around the world, and united by a shared set of values and goals. We believe that acting ethically and responsibly is not only the right thing to do, but also the right thing to do for our business. At PepsiCo, we aim to deliver top-tier financial performance over the long term by integrating sustainability into our business strategy, leaving a positive imprint on society and the environment. We call this Performance with Purpose. For more information on PepsiCo and the possibilities it holds, visit www.pepsico.com.
PepsiCo’s Treasury Risk Management function is responsible for evaluating a broad array of business exposures and recommending the appropriate risk financing strategy. The team develops and implements these strategies with the goal to reduce PepsiCo’s overall cost of risk which considers the level of risk to retain versus transfer, and establishes the methodology for allocating insurance related expenses.
The Treasury Risk Management Internship will include the following responsibilities:
- Lead a special project to analyze a critical business problem facing the Risk Management team to identify potential solutions and present a recommendation. Through the duration of the project the individual will have the opportunity to collaborate with Risk Management team members, key individuals from various functional areas of PepsiCo and external business partners. At the completion of the project findings and recommendations will be presented to PepsiCo’s Treasurer and other members of Treasury senior management.
- Participate in meetings with key business partners or associates from various functional areas within PepsiCo to discuss strategies for upcoming program renewals.
- Participate in activities with other interns, employees and leaders throughout the organization. In addition to the on-the-job learning that takes place, interns will also attend lunch-n-learns to further develop their business knowledge.
What you can expect:
A summer internship at PepsiCo is an opportunity to independently solve a critical business problem. Each intern is presented with a timely question from their team, and challenged to both think strategically and engage cross-functional partners to provide a provocative and comprehensive recommendation during their final presentation. This structure mirrors the project-based work process of full-time employees. Although this process lends itself to great autonomy in setting agenda, workflow and output, interns have the full support and backing of their managers and the broader Functional team. As a class, PepsiCo interns are availed of best-in-class exposure to senior leadership, education on the myriad pieces of the global PepsiCo organization, and opportunities to build relationship with fellow interns across both functions and US PepsiCo headquarters (New York, Dallas and Chicago). The individual will be asked to sign a non-disclosure agreement given the potential for non-public information to be discussed.
What we’re looking for:
- Currently pursuing a degree in: Risk Management, Actuarial Science or Enterprise Risk Management
- Minimum 3.0 GPA.
- Involvement in a minimum of one extracurricular activity.
- Strong ability to synthesize data, summarize information, and solve problems.
- Bright, self-starting, innovative thinkers who are passionate about what they do
- Candidates should be able to balance a bias for leadership roles with an equal propensity for working collaboratively within teams.
- Candidate should have strong leadership experience, and an interest in consumer packaged goods.
- Strong analytical, verbal, and written skills.
Minimum Qualifications - Each candidate is expected to:
- 2018 Bachelor Degree Graduates / Students in a Master's Program
- Be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without the need for current or future work authorization or visa sponsorship for employment
- Pass a drug screen and background investigation
Job Category: Finance
Job Type: Pipeline
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement