Summer Student - Warehouse Technician (Scarborough)
Are you hungry for an exciting and challenging opportunity in a fast-paced, diverse organization? If so, you have a future at PepsiCo. As a world class organization, we strive for excellence in everything that we do, from a new product launch to delivering a product to a store.
To accomplish our goals, we need talented, innovative people who know how to work hard and have fun! We need people who want to make a difference. Taste the success with Canada’s fastest growing consumer packaged goods company, and discover how our passion for growth creates big challenges – and big opportunities – personally, professionally, and financially.
We are looking for driven students to work as a Summer Student Warehouse Technician who want a value-added experience in sales operations at our food distribution facility in Scarborough, Ontario.
Position Summary and Responsibilities:
- Unload cardboard and return product from route trucks into inventory Stack and bundle cardboard
- Pick customer orders by full case using a voice system or scanner
- Pick customer orders by individual bag on Pre-pick module/cart
- Load route trucks with product using roller carts or by hand
- Perform general clean-up/sanitation duties including facility and ground appearance
- Work in an ergonomically correct manner
Must be available to work any of the following workweek and shift combinations
5 Day Work Week (8hrs Sunday to Saturday avail.) Days (11am-7pm)
5 Day Work Week (8hrs Sunday to Friday avail.) Afternoons (3pm-11pm)
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Must be returning to school full-time in the Fall
- Available to work up to and including Labour Day weekend
- Experience in a fast-paced work environment
- Able to work under extreme heat conditions and conduct heavy lifting
- Effective communication skills
- Takes ownership of tasks assigned
- A team player!
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Previous warehouse experience is an asset
- Must be able to work flexible shifts and workweeks including afternoons and weekends
Job Type: Temporary