eCommerce Strategic Finance Specialist
External Posting Title: eCommerce Strategic Finance Specialist
The impact of technology has fundamentally evolved and in some cases transformed almost every consumer segment with groceries / consumables being the next space that both external experts and large players (e.g., Amazon, Walmart, Boxed) are betting on. As a result, eCommerce is one of the fastest-growing areas within the consumer products industry and represents a significant opportunity (and potential threat) for PepsiCo across geographies.
To ensure we win in this space we have established a dedicated eCommerce group, bringing together world class talent across F&B, digital, and key customers. While tied closely to broader PepsiCo, the eCommerce group has a unique start-up feel and defined values that embrace a more entrepreneurial mindset: bias for action; results oriented; community-focused; prioritization of people.
Establishing a data-driven, business-oriented Finance function is critical component of this new org. To meet our aggressive growth targets requires a step-change in how we evaluate, plan and drive both day-to-day business decisions as well as go-forward planning. This role will support the agenda for the Marketing eCommerce finance function.
- Own/develop/maintain monthly key performance metric dashboards that track efficiency of marketing strategies and provide actionable insights and recommendations (e.g. trends, scorecards, other ad-hoc reports). Influence management decisions through insightful analysis of trends and opportunities
- Manage and aggregate customer level and brand level reporting to help build an integrated view of our marketing programs at the customer and overall eCommerce group level. Create month end review presentations for eCommerce and Business Unit leadership and provide insights on performance and future trends
- Help inform recommendations for strategies as part of the marketing finance team (marketing tactics, activation strategies by brand and business unit, contract negotiations)
- Drive profitability analysis for marketing investments across all PEP brands and provide visibility to leadership and customer marketing teams on future optimization strategies
- Drive ad-hoc cross-functional marketing analysis to support eCommerce BU marketing teams
- Perform on-going review of all business processes to evaluate effectiveness and drive efficiencies; make recommendations for improvements and assist with the execution of process improvements
- Responsible for innovation investments; own/develop innovation spending principles and spend efficiency metrics for new product development, own/develop/maintain on-going key performance metrics for marketing spend on innovation launches across all eCommerce
- Conduct due diligence (financial models and valuation analysis) on existing and new incubation/acceleration project opportunities. Present analysis and make recommendations to senior leadership
- College degree (BS/BA minimum), Master’s degree preferred
- 2-4 years of relevant investment banking (eCommerce/technology preferred), consulting, or finance (including performance marketing) at an early stage company
- Understanding economics of online F&B channel across markets, products, brands, go-to-market models (e.g., pure-play vs. click and collect vs. D2C) etc.
- A passion for data, analytics, insights and trends and ability to cull through and provide actionable insights
- Results oriented, able to complete assignments in a timely and accurate manner, and the ability to manage competing priorities
- Excellent organization, presentation, and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Strong ability to influence and work through others to effectively navigate matrixed organization while ensuring that necessary stakeholders are informed
- Strong people skills to manage information-gathering requests
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of accounting systems and controls
- Entrepreneurial, flexible, and collaborative
Job Category: eCommerce
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement