Shopper Marketing Senior Manager
PepsiCo is looking for a transformational leader and change agent for the role of Senior Manager of Shopper Marketing for Sam’s Club. The ideal candidate is someone that can thrive in a fast-paced, results-driven environment to strategically lead the North American Beverage marketing partnership with Sam’s Club. The individual will also be charged with developing the strategy and leading the execution of programming at Sam’s Club.
This experience will develop and showcase the ability to develop a vision, lead an agenda in a matrixed organization and positively impact brand equity, sales and profitability. This role is customer facing and enables the employee to gain invaluable perspective on Walmart Inc.
This role leads the work to drive PepsiCo (PEP) growth by improving the shopper experience, engaging and converting the shopper by:
- Translating insights and developing integrated programs, including media-to-shelf, portfolio and customer programs to engage and convert the shopper
- Developing and partnering with the sales team to sell-in shopper marketing programs that integrate equity and customer strategy to deliver best in class shopper programming
- Lead Sam’s Club Joint Business Planning for the North American Beverage portfolio
- Lead activation of the North American Beverage portfolio at Sam’s Club
- Translates brand strategy into winning shopper engagement strategies and plans; leads agency briefing and manages all aspects of program development and execution
- Leads Sam’s Club Joint Business Planning – customer and sales team partnership, deck development, brand alignment
- Lead the development and roll-out a North American Beverage Incubation Strategy at Sam’s Club
- Leads and inspires the development and execution of new shopper engagement models and encourages experimentation with future focuses engagement tools and techniques (across such platforms as digital, social, mobile).
- Proactively identifies synergies, develops and executes power of one/food and beverage (“Better Together”) marketing programs designed to drive coincidence demand of PepsiCo portfolio.
- Proactively influences brand investment strategy to drive demand for PepsiCo portfolio at WMT Inc.
- Uses appropriate governance processes to ensure approval and alignment for all aspects of activation.
- Manages program budgets
- Collaborates with Shopper Insights, Brand and Sales on JBP Big Bets
- Collaborates with Category and Customer Leadership to develop content for Customer Growth Summits
- Collaborates with BU Brand on the AOP
- Collaborates with Brand Leads to translate BU business drivers to execution plan
- Collaborates with BU Functional Leads and BU Brand Leads to:
- Leads and manages all agency relationships and Brand program budgets
- Collaborates with customer leads through JBP process to identify and to develop promotion, packaging and product offerings to enable Walmart Inc and PepsiCo growth
- Undergraduate Degree (MBA Preferred)
- Transformational thought leader, risk-taker, and change agent
- A minimum of 4 years of prior Marketing, Retail, or Agency experience (if Undergrad degree only)
- Must demonstrate executive maturity – ability to manage up/down, strong interpersonal skills for interaction with internal/external senior leaders and the customer
- Prior experience with shopper marketing, innovation, or brand management preferred
- Advanced PowerPoint and Excel skills
- BA with a concentration in Marketing with prior marketing experience within consumer packaged goods. Ability to effectively collaborate, communicate and influence in a matrix environment.
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement