Head of Digital Data
External Posting Title: Head of Digital Data
Own Digital Data Strategy & Vision for ESSA to unlock competitive advantage. Key projects include leading our data-driven DMP/CRM systems and usage in partnerships with Marketing, Insights & IT and embedding real-time reporting and optimisation for commercial functions
- Develop a data strategy and roadmap in partnership with insights and marketing teams to deploy across all brands and markets
- Transform relevance and effectiveness of our marketing & eCommerce activations across the sector by leading continual advancement of our data-driven systems to deliver audience insights and mass personalisation from media to shelf
- Partner on segmentation Test & Learn pilots – to drive continuous improvement and understanding of the most effective models, scaling meta-learnings across the sector
- Equip commercial teams with self-service data platforms to effectively and simply analyse their campaigns, and take the insight to action that drives business goals
- Manage a cross-functional team of direct reports, functional experts and external parties to effectively launch, deploy and embed new tools and processes – encouraging collaboration, sharing lessons learnt & codifying best practice for all to follow
- Govern & steward data quality and usage to meet business needs and regulatory requirements i.e. GDPR
- Continue to grow advantaged partnerships with scale media partners, customers and 3rd parties to enhance our data strategy
- Partner with non-commercial functions i.e. supply chain & consumer services to leverage cross-functional data to drive business growth
- Strategist, creative, autonomous, results-oriented, with high capacity leadership to influence others, ensure teamwork, and build strong relationships.
- Excellent communication skills - engage and influence multiple stakeholders to build strong working relationships, with an aptitude to galvanize teams and get buy in from a matrix organisation
- Collaborative - high capacity leadership to influence others, encourage teamwork, and build strong relationships
- Proactive approach - drive online impact & engagement whilst taking others with you.
- Analytical skills – create robust analysis and meaningful insights to drive actions and highlight opportunities
- Data savvy – experience of identifying & influencing a consumer across channels based on behaviour
- Project management – ability to manage multiple projects in a fast moving and ever changing environment with maturity and foresight to cope with input and changes, sometimes at the last minute.
- Inspire others – ability to engage broad range of stakeholders both through compilation of compelling and persuasive presentations and ability to deliver.
- Innovative – creative strategist who is comfortable challenging status quo, brings creativity to problem-solving through the use of innovative frameworks and technological solutions
- Technically aware - this is not an IT role, but there is a focus on using technology to maximize user experience during interactions, so candidates must have worked closely with the technological side of digital
- Genuine - in possession of humility, honesty and integrity
Job Category: Marketing
Job Type: Regular