Customers Insights Sr Analyst
External Posting Title: Customers Insights Sr Analyst
The Senior Analyst of Consumer Insights & Strategy will lead insights development and strategic recommendations to support the Gatorade Sports Fuel and Hispanic Marketing teams. Both of these units have been identified as key growth drivers for the Gatorade Business Unit moving forward and this role presents a great opportunity to affect the trajectories of these strategic priorities.
This role will report to the Gatorade Director of Insights and become a key consultative partner of the Gatorade Sports Fuel and Hispanic teams. Within this role, the Senior Analyst will lead insights project management which includes understanding business issues to address, developing appropriate research plan/tools/method, designing/leading project execution, managing efforts of multiple external research vendors on projects, developing analysis based on results and making recommendations for future direction based on insights. They will also work with cross functional teams (brand, R&D, Package Design, Supply chain) to guide overall strategic and tactical development by providing the consumer voice in decision-making. Includes input into AOP and PSP planning efforts based on consumer understanding.
In supporting the Sports Fuel team, the Senior Analyst will assess on-going Sports Fuel in-market consumer performance (leverage IRI, brand equity and consumption tracking), and provide understanding of potential new categories within sports fuel that Gatorade is interested in – including consumer usage, competitive landscape, business performance. Additionally, they will lead insights to drive product commercialization of Sports Fuel innovations, including product naming, packaging design, final product launch assessments
This role will also focus on continuing to build BU understanding of Hispanic target from a consumer and influencer perspective through foundational insights work – barriers, drivers, target understanding – and will assess on-going Hispanics in-market consumer performance (leverage IRI, brand equity and consumption tracking). This role will lead insights to help develop and assess communications efforts to drive greater effectiveness including leveraging TV and digital/social vehicles and execute “test and learn” efforts to help understand most effective ways to reach this critical target.
- Sports Fuel Base Business Leadership: Act as consultative partner to the Sports Fuel brand team, becoming the clear Voice of the Consumer on the team. Will need to know your business cold, understand the drivers of business performance, and be able to develop and manage the execution of learning plans to fit the strategic needs of the team.
- Hispanic Marketing Insights: Become the Voice of the Hispanic Consumer within the Gatorade BU, creating and executing learning plans to drive deeper foundational understanding and more effective execution. Will oversee insights for Consumer Engagement work for the Hispanic Consumer.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree. Advanced Degree preferred
- 2-3 years in strategic insights/consumer research role preferred
- Experience in sports industry a plus, not required
- Core competencies:
- Strong Project Manager: Must be able manage and own multiple work streams with confidence and strong attention to detail
- Collaborative: Must be able to work effectively with others to deliver results. Cross-functional internal partnerships and agency relationship building is a must.
- Strong and Influential Communicator: A clear communicator who is able to synthesize learnings across multiple sources and deliver findings in an impactful manner, cutting through complexity to tell a simple, compelling story. Must be able to leverage fact-based information to influence across organization at multiple levels and be comfortable interacting with cross-functional leadership.
- Drive to the “so-whats”: Ability to manage/synthesize multiple data sources into holistic story with focus on business implications/actions
- Self-motivated and curious: Opportunity to bring new thought and creativity to the processes. Not just managing what exists, but finding what can be improved and going for it.
- Flexible: Can-do attitude with ability to flex, prioritize and move at the speed of business.
Job Category: Marketing
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement