Financial Planning & Analysis Senior Manager
External Posting Title: Financial Planning & Analysis Senior Manager
PepsiCo Finance professionals have a seat at a table, and a voice in the conversation, across the company. Successful employees gain a foundation of the functional and organizational skills needed to contribute to these conversations as they rotate through different teams over the course of their career
This role will be responsible for developing compelling, data-driven business insights and recommendations in support of strategic projects and business planning. This role will develop and track financial performance, and provide analytical guidance to support new business opportunities, support organization leaders build strategic plans, conduct competitive analysis, assess all trends and metrics to inform key strategic decisions, and identify opportunities.
- Lead the preparation of the detailed Sales Business Plan (SBP)/Annual Operating Plan (AOP)/ Rolling & Quarterly Forecasts for the company overall Profit & Loss (P&L).
- Review and challenge the planned assumptions with the budget owners and ensure they are in line with the company’s direction and targets.
- Full responsible for planning and tracking Operating Cash Flow (OCF), work extensively with operations and sales team to monitor OCF performance and ensure red flags are raised if deterioration takes place.
- Coordinate with the functions to control the General & Admin (G&A) and avoid the overspending
- Provide full support to the sales function in the Go to Market (GTM) transformation by evaluating the financial impact of the move by Distribution Center (DC)/Region; evaluate the contracts and the new policies and incentives to ensure they are in line with the targets and business case.
- Identify and assess the business risks & opportunities and provide early alerts on the potential deviation from the plans; Coordinate with the functions in defining the mitigation actions and align the management.
- Lead the development of all the presentations required by Market Unit (MU) management and Middle East and Africa (MEA) region as per the heavy planning calendar.
- Support the monthly and year-end closing process and prepare clear and detailed explanation on the results to be provided in the monthly review forum.
- Build the planning and analytical capability of the MU planning staff.
- Ensure the integrity of the internal controls whenever applied.
- Work closely with key stakeholders and senior executives in providing strategic and analytical guidance to support significant new business opportunities
- Play as the finance partner role in planning and managing the new business opportunities (Export, white space, acquisitions, new categories…) by building the financial plans, track and evaluate the performance, share in the negotiations with external stakeholders & defining the incentives schemes, and provide the guidance to sustain and grow these new businesses and improve its margins.
- Lead with different function heads on strategic projects (GTM, Operations (OPS) network analysis,…) act as the finance arm to assess with management the profitability of the models, conduct post executions assessment and present update and deliverables to management on timely basis
- Lead the SBP exercise with Finance Director (FD) and General Manager (GM) to agree on the company strategy considering the current and potential economic pressures (New tax laws, devaluation…etc.) that would affect company’s profitability and consumption. Act as a focal point for business partners and reference in that regard. Support the Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) in SBP financial build up and assumptions.
- Set up the right model to evaluate the different Revenue Management (RM) Initiatives and act as a business partner with the sales team to come up with tactics to deliver the by channel revenue target, while ensure participating in design the revenue management strategy, evaluate the impact of the RM initiatives and develop a tracking tool to report all new ideas of RM vs. Plan.
- Set up the right financial models to evaluate the different productivity projects by partnering with different departments (Ops/Sales/Human Resources (HR)) and act as a custodian for Productivity Projects Financials to ensure capturing all benefits in the right time. Represent the MU on all productivity discussions/requirements with the region.
- Set up the right evaluation models for the innovation Initiatives and act as a business partner with the Marketing team to come up with tactics to deliver. Maintain the innovation tracking tool to evaluate the new and revamped products performance and assess the profitability vs. plan/target.
- Review the economics of the new products; assess the sales, marketing, and research inputs vs. the innovation targets and recommend the actions to improve the margins of the new launches
- Build profitability analysis planning models by Price Point/Region/Channel that provide the root cause of the deviation vs. plan and Previous Year (PY).
- Act as a custodian for all BI System implementation through working across functions in identifying the monthly profitability report
- Leading with the Region the targets for Smart Spending project based on the value targeting exercise, and tracking actuals vs. budget.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Bachelor of Finance / Economics degree from an accredited university.
- Preferably CMA/MBA Holder.
- Minimum 8 years of experience preferably in FMCG.
- Ability to work on own initiative and within a pressurized environment.
- Possess leadership abilities and the capability to deal with people at all levels of responsibility.
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent command of Arabic and English language.
- Problem solving skills.
- Planning and analytical skills.
Job Category: Finance
Job Type: Regular