R&D Director for Global Nutrition Bioconversion
PepsiCo are currently recruiting for a R&D Director for Global Nutrition Bioconversion to join our R&D team in our Little Island facility.
At PepsiCo innovation takes centre stage. That means our Global R&D team is at the heart of the action and is kept busy creating exciting new products for consumers across the globe. In a fast-moving consumer environment, our research and development capability is crucial to provide a fresh twist to our favourite brands as well as creating new healthy choices that we need to succeed in the market. Focusing our research and development on meeting the latest consumer needs - whether nutrition, refreshment or indulgence –will drive our growth both now and in the future. Do you share our passion for innovation? If so we could take your talents to a whole new level.
The Director for Global Nutrition Bioconversion is responsible for developing and implementing the strategic direction for Bioconversion technology for the Nutrition Category and to provide PepsiCo expertise on Bioconversion to all PepsiCo functions to deliver business objectives.
- Providing technical guidance to Nutrition R&D functions to enable successful development and commercialization of various bioconversion programs
- Identifying external partners to assist PepsiCo with Bioconversion implementation
- Guiding research on microbiological cultures and enzymes applied to PepsiCo’s Nutrition businesses.
- Assessing pertinent competitive technology developments and academic research direction
- Collaborate closely with both research teams working on technology initiatives and product & process development teams leveraging bioconversion technologies to drive strategic business initiatives
- Strategically Influence and help drive Breakthrough bioconversion technology development
- Collaborate closely with Nutrition Science R&D on Clinical Research work leveraging Bioconversion
- Actively build and maintain strong relationships with key internal PepsiCo partners across R&D
- Develop and maintain strong external partnerships with key suppliers, universities and research institutions
- Actively guide Intellectual Property development for PepsiCo Bioconversion technology
- Present, publish and promote Bioconversion technology research information internal to PepsiCo and where appropriate, externally
- Assess global food industry bioconversion competitive landscape and provide strategic insight to guide R&D and Business leadership
- PhD in Biochemistry, Biochemical Engineering or Food Bioconversion related field
- Experience with academic or industrial bioconversion research
- Recognized expertise in Bioconversion through published research and applied application work
- Experience with bioconversion of food materials/ingredients
- Goal oriented professional with evidence of applied strategic thinking
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (verbal and written)
- Strong influence and leadership skills and proven ability to drive strategic research programs
At the heart of PepsiCo is Performance with Purpose – our fundamental belief that the success of our company is inextricably linked to the sustainability of the world around. We believe that continuously improving the products we sell, operating responsibly to protect our planet and empowering people around the world is what enables PepsiCo to run a successful global company that creates long-term value for society and our shareholders. For more information, visit www.pepsico.com.
Location: Cork, Ireland
Salary: CompetitiveRelocation Eligible: Eligible for Standard Relocation
Job Type: Regular