External Posting Title: Facilities Technician
The Facilities Technician is part of our Building Operations team. The Technician operates, maintains, monitors, and performs complex preventive, predictive, and corrective maintenance on building equipment which may include repairs and installations of electrical/cabling, fire detection and suppression, life safety, mechanical, plumbing and/or HVAC equipment and systems, digital systems, machinery and controls located in the interior and exterior of buildings. They will be working under general direction, monitor building system operations and performance.
- Complies with all applicable codes, regulations, governmental agency and company directives related to building operations and work safety.
- Maintains the professional appearances of the property, equipment, engineering spaces, and common areas.
- Maintains the building lighting system, including element and ballast repairs or replacements.
- Prepares estimates detailing the amount of time and materials needed for completing tasks.
- Maintains adequate supplies and tools and orders necessary materials to complete all tasks.
- Conducts daily maintenance requirements on site and regular site/ building inspections.
- Maintains positive tenant relations through project efficiency, problem resolution and requirement fulfillment.
- Reviews historical maintenance records to develop proactive inspection, testing and preventive maintenance schedule.
- Oversees and inspects the work performed by outside contractors. Contracted work includes landscaping, snow removal, remodeling, HVAC, electrical, plumbing and cleaning.
- Uses PC and/or PDA for work order system, email, ESS and training.
- Responds quickly to emergency situations, summoning additional assistance as needed.
- Practices safe work habits. Operates company vehicle in a safe manner and follows prescribed routines to service locations in a timely manner for work purposes only.
- Must be able to walk property for up to 8 hours per day. Must have the ability to climb ladders. Tasks will include the following: sitting, standing, lifting (heavy), twisting and stooping.
- Performs other duties as assigned - Provides informal assistance such as technical guidance, and/or training to coworkers and contractors. Coordinates and assigns tasks to co-workers and contractors within a work unit and/or project.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and eight or more years’ experience in electrical systems, refrigeration and/or HVAC. Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES and/or LICENSES:
- Universal CFC certification required. Additional certification in one or more of the following: electrical, mechanical, HVAC and refrigeration systems, process controls, mechanical power transmissions, painting, plumbing, carpentry. Certifications/licenses as may be required by local or state jurisdictions.
Job Category: Health / Safety / Environment
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement