Control & Reporting Associate Accountant
PepsiCo is #1 globally in salty snacks and #2 globally in beverages with leadership in many important global markets. PepsiCo is the #1 Food and Beverage Company in the USA, Canada, Russia, India, Egypt and Saudi Arabia and is among the top 3 Food and Beverage Companies in the UK, Mexico and Turkey. Our diversified portfolio among food and beverage yields $63 billion dollars in net revenue and 22 $1 billion + brands. With over 250,000+ employees in over 200 countries and over 3,000 different product offerings, we pride ourselves in doing business the right way: Guiding Principles of Performance with Purpose (Human, Environmental and Talent Sustainability).
North America Shared Services (NASS) is a multi-location center of excellence delivering financial services and capabilities for North America in partnership with our managed services providers. Services are provided to all PepsiCo divisions in the US and Canada.
NASS has two campuses located at the PepsiCo Legacy Campus in Plano Texas, and the PepsiCo Customer Service Center in Winston-Salem, North Carolina.
This position is within the Accounting Services Group of PepsiCo NASS and is located in Plano, TX. It supports the Information Technology (IT) Division. This project accounting portfolio consists of baseline projects with a heavy emphasis on period amortizations for software development. IT functions supported include Global Operations, Information Security Group, and Enterprise Amortization projects through accounting, analysis, and reporting of each period’s close activities.
- Assist with journal entry preparation and processing for project accountants
- Provide accounting guidance to Project and Finance Managers. Review expense spend through project life cycle and contracts to make accounting recommendations as appropriate.
- Review and prepare/process period journal entries like IT cross charge (provider) file and periodic software/hardware maintenance and subscription amortizations in accordance with period calendar deadlines. Ensure all support complies with GAAP and PepsiCo policies.
- Query and perform financial statement analysis in accordance with period calendar deadlines.
- Validate, approve and release projects for spend during AOP process
- Prepare project accounting analytics for the Period Operation Review Report.
- Perform project-related SOX controls for Prepaid expenses and PA-27 which ensures entries are processed with proper approval
Vendor Accruals and Invoicing:
- Manage labor accrual process for vendors and ensure proper accounting, and upload periodic entries
- Aid in issue resolution with vendors and Project Managers
- Validate that accruals are complete and accurate, including rates and hours
- Submit period invoice to AP
- Bachelor’s Degree Accounting/Finance
- 2+ years of relevant accounting/finance experience
- Microsoft Office proficiency; especially MS Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong Analytical skills
- 1+ years of experience in SAP FICO and Project Systems
- Knowledge of PepsiCo businesses and processes
- CPA preferred or CPA candidate
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement