Sales Category Management Sr Analyst
External Posting Title: Sales Category Management Sr Analyst
This role can be located in White Plains, NY, Philadelphia, PA or Boston, MA
Note: this same position is also posted under req id # 140232BR for Canton, MA (Boston) and 140226BR for White Plains NY due to the work location flexibility
We are PepsiCo Sales. We are game changers, mountain movers and history makers. We are a diverse group, spread among 200 countries and united by a shared set of values and goals.
That’s why we Perform with Purpose. Together, we blaze new trails, succeed, celebrate and never settle for second best. At PepsiCo, we’re committed to performing well as individuals and in teams, to strengthen the company as a whole.
Are you hungry to be a part of the World’s largest portfolio of billion dollar food and beverage brands? Then now is the time to explore the Possibilities of PepsiCo.
The Sales Category Management Sr Analyst provides analysis for business trends and input toward an effective category sales and profit growth strategy for the Own The Streets small format Northeast Region agenda. Creating an insights agenda /story for beverages in the Small Format in the Northeast. Space planning and develop planograms for customers. This role reports into the Sr. Key Account Manager.
- Analyze business trends and provide input toward an effective category sales and profit growth strategy
- Manage the measures and inputs for the category review process to ensure distribution, shelving and pricing objectives are achieved
- Responsible for independently providing space analytics, shelving and planogram recommendations for assigned categories.
- Apply knowledge of category and consumer insights along with best practices to create solutions to satisfy both PBC and account strategies and objectives
- Manage Retail Sales Team periodic reporting as required; function as a lead for all reporting requests both internal and external
- Monitor progress towards achievement of business objectives and defectiveness of tactics, recommend improvements
- Identify, measure, and quantify shopper and channel trends and opportunities to contribute to the internal AOP processes and customer growth summits
- Develop category, customer, consumer and competitive understanding and translate into strategies and solutions that maximize PBC revenue and profit
- Develop an understanding & leverage all analytic tools to support Category Management for the North East Region locally managed accounts
- Support the creation of the CDA Selling story for Small Format
- Small format account support – see retail list (i.e. Quick Check Cumberland Farms C&G)
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience; Bachelor's Degree Preferred
- 2 to 4 years previous account management, category management, shelf management or business analysis experience in consumer products goods industry;
- Knowledge of consumer brand marketing;
- Demonstrated experience using Syndicated Data via IRI and/or Nielsen
- Demonstrated experience using Customer POS Data ie MerchIQ
- Understanding of Consumer Data via Syndicated Panel, Disaggregated Panel, Spectra, GRM, etc
- Technical expertise with space management software (e.g. Spaceman/ Apollo /ProSpace) an asset
- Extremely strong Excel & PowerPoint skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Solid organizational and project management skills – able to establish priorities, strong detailed execution and ability to multi-task;
- Self-starter, able to work independently on projects
- Strong analytical skills, able to synthesize information to develop understanding and insights
- Creative thinker who can bring innovation to projects and processes
Job Category: Sales
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement