Control & Reporting Analyst - Balance Sheet
External Posting Title: Control & Reporting Analyst - Balance Sheet
PepsiCo Finance professionals have a seat at a table, and a voice in the conversation, across the company. Successful employees gain a foundation of the functional and organizational skills needed to contribute to these conversations as they rotate through different teams over the course of their career
The Balance Sheet Analyst is responsible for Monthly monitor, review & report balance sheet accounts and analyse trend fluctuations to ensure accounts accuracy, which is done through monthly detailed review and follow up on action plans.
He / she will be a leader for conducting Balance Sheet (BS) analysis to support company objectives and improvements for BS governance, accurate allocation/ reasonable aging/balances
- Review monthly & quarterly financial statements with necessary cause of change versus prior month & prior quarter.
- Review biweekly balance sheet & cash flow accounts & advice planning team with the estimated outlook figures for Annual Operating Plan (AOP) & Quarter Forecast.
- Quarterly analysis of Balance Sheet & Cash flow according to Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) submission.
- Quarterly financial analysis of reports required by Reporting as per reporting agenda.
- Monitor the BS Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) (Days Payable Outstanding (DPO), Days Sales Outstanding (DSO), Day in Inventory (DII) and Cash Conversion Cycle (CCC)) through monthly interaction with the related business partners in addition to the monthly cause of change and follow up on the action plans.
- Prepare the monthly/Quarter Balance Sheet Review (BSR) and lead the follow-up on the needed actions.
- Oversee the analysis for cash flow with special focus on working capital by gathering the information from other departments to ensure proper analysis for deviation from target.
- Ensure conducting the Fraud self Revenue Assurance (RA) plan twice a year for Receivable-to-Revenue (R2R) cycle according to our Global Control Standards (GCS) agenda.
- Ensure that all findings resulted from the Fraud self RA has been closed thru the corrective actions.
- Ensure completeness of all financial transactions provided by the IBM team and communicate the needed adjustments.
- Support both external and internal audit on BS related requests.
- Ensure business compliance with Statutory, Legal and Taxation requirements, PepsiCo corporate and local business policies & procedures, and ethical business practices.
- Partner with Business process Owner (BPO) and Control Owner (CO) in all GCS and Fraud risk assessment, monitoring self-testing and remediation of failures. Update GCS for the following BS related processes.
- GCS and Fraud risk assessment, monitoring self-testing and remediation of failures. Update GCS for the following R2R process.
- Partner with planning finance to BS & Operating Cash Flow (OCF) forecasting and providing directions/trends.
- Identify scope for process improvements and interventions from time to time to achieve process simplification / better controls / process standardization / accounting / outsourcing i.e. Integrated Control Matrix (ICM)/Black line.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Bachelor of Finance / Economics degree. Postgraduate qualification is preferable.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in financial accounting preferably in Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG).
- Results oriented, takes initiatives to get things done and work under pressure.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good knowledge of local and US Accounting Standards
- Good knowledge of and experience with finance and accounting issues.
- High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with, for and through others.
- Ability to relate to all levels throughout the corporation.
Job Category: Finance
Job Type: Regular