External Posting Title: Costing Analyst
PepsiCo Finance professionals have a seat at a table, and a voice in the conversation, across the company. Successful employees gain a foundation of the functional and organizational skills needed to contribute to these conversations as they rotate through different teams over the course of their career.
Costing Analyst is responsible to ensure completeness of financial transactions provided by IBM team and communicate the needed adjustments before the reporting submissions. Prepare detailed monthly analysis and closely interact with operations, sales and region teams to support in identifying business opportunities, investigating Cash on Cash (COC) with cross functions, set action plans and follow-up on the execution.
- Manage costing process for Beverages businesses during month-end and its related month-end transactions
- Ensure accuracy direct material and Manufacturing Overhead (MOH) reporting in accordance with PepsiCo Inventory policies and United States Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP).
- Lead IBM team to deliver all costing deliverables and meet reporting requirements as per agreed Desktop Procedures (DTP)
- Prepare monthly Costing reports which includes:
- Analysis of material revaluation account
- Analyze Price Point Variance (PPV) actual results with COC by material
- Review MOH bookings among manufacturing cost centers
- Review MOH allocation among factories, brands & categories via reviewing allocation cycles
- Compare MOH with production volume & follow up on significant deviations
- Analyze direct labor cost per plant & compare with production volume
- Standard cost updates versus previous month and justifies the differences
- Check accuracy of the standard costing calculation and validate the planning calculation with the system calculation for Finished Goods (FG)
- Manage monthly review of Materials Usage Variance (MUV) by material, Plant & Category which include :
- Monthly MUV report comparing actual consumption by material, category & Plant to both operation and Research & Development (R&D) teams
- Monthly meeting with operations and R&D team to discuss variances & variances percentages to identify current inefficiencies and agree on corrective actions
- Communication of agreed action plan to management in addition to follow up on its implementation across all plants.
- Analysis Cost per raw case
- Cause of change month over month and year over year business rational
- Provide business recommendations on a monthly basis for finished goods based on actual activity rate analysis (MOH & labor analysis) and support in balance sheet analysis for Beverages
- Manage SAP actualization process including SAP/non SAP check points and accounts reconciliations
- Ensures correctness of the following on SAP for Beverages
- Material master data of any materials
- Bill of Material (BOM) changes/creation whether for standard or production version
- Current BOM’s on SAP are up to standard and up to date
- Review SAP standard cost release (raw material, packaging material and finished goods)
- Work closely with business partners to support productivity initiatives
- Support both external and internal audit on costing related requests
- Ensure business compliance with Statutory, Legal and Taxation requirements, PepsiCo corporate and local business policies & procedures, and ethical business practices
- Partner with Business Process Owner (BPO) and Control Owner (CO) in Global Control Standards (GCS) and Fraud risk assessment, monitoring self-testing and remediation of failures. Update GCS for Merchandise and Inventory Management (MIM) process
- Deliver testing for costing GCS related controls
- Ensure timely closure of;
- Internal audit remediation and track progress
- Business & Accounting Issues Communication (BAIC) issues
- Prepare required analysis for Supply Chain and planning finance to develop and track financial matrices and validate assumption for productivity projects to ensure tangible savings are delivered to Profit & Loss (P&L)
- Work together with Operations (Ops) team to do User Acceptance Testing (UAT) for new system enhancements in plants
- Prepare required documentation and business case analysis with Business Information System (BIS) to implement system enhancements of Cost of Goods Sold (COGS) and inventory management areas
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Bachelor of Accounting /Finance. Postgraduate qualification is preferable.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in cost accounting.
- Leadership experience and capability. Solid understanding of business levers.
- Change management experience coupled with good analytical abilities
- Ability to work cross-functionally, cross-geographically and across multiple cultures
- Strong internal and external communicator, influencer, and negotiator.
- Ability to set and priorities short, mid and long term objectives.
Job Category: Finance
Job Type: Regular