R&D Public Health Intern
Nationwide Opportunities- Please Read:
Just because this role looks like it's located in Purchase, NY doesn't mean it is! At PepsiCo we place Campus Interns/ Full- Time and Graduate hires in roles nationwide across both field and headquarter locations. Field based roles will only be placed in the field.
PepsiCo is the #1 food & beverage company food in North America; the second largest in the world, recently noted as one of Fortune 100 “Most Admired” companies. The company employs 300,000 associates worldwide, and its products are sold in over 200 countries around the globe. Our diverse product portfolio includes 22 brands that each generates more than $1 billion each in annual retail sales, including: Doritos, Mountain Dew, Gatorade, Cheetos, Pepsi and Tropicana. PepsiCo has three headquarter locations in the U.S. Chicago (Quaker Foods, Tropicana, and Gatorade), Purchase, NY (Pepsi Beverages) and Plano, TX (Frito Lay). PepsiCo’s commitment to sustainable growth, defined as Performance with Purpose, is focused on generating healthy financial returns while giving back to communities the company serves. This includes meeting consumer needs for a spectrum of convenient foods and beverages, reducing the company’s impact on the environment through water, energy and packaging initiatives, and supporting its employees through a diverse and inclusive culture that recruits and retains world-class talent.
- As a Process Engineer Intern, you will collaborate with cross functional teams comprising technical experts within the R&D function, as well as business unit leaders to design, execute, and launch new innovative products across PepsiCo’s portfolio. You will play a critical role in the innovation lifecycle by providing your insight and technical expertise from ideation through product launch.
- As an R&D Scientist Intern, you will participate in the product development process including new idea generation, prototype development, product optimization and production start-up across a diverse portfolio of beverage and snack product categories.
- As a Global Functions, Governance & Compliance (GFGC) or Public Health Intern you will participate in providing the framework of governance, compliance and processes across global R&D or working on the Public Health Global Projects. You could work within the following teams: Quality, Food Safety, Public Health Analytical, Scientific Affairs, Regulatory Affairs, Product Crisis & Incident Management, Supplier Quality Assurance or Microbiology.
What we’re looking for:
- Currently pursuing an Engineering, Food Science or related Master’s degree
- Must graduate with final degree within one (1) year of internship completion
- Demonstrated ability to translate business objectives into strategic and tactical project goals and objectives
- Proven ability to make significant technical scientific advances utilizing internal and/or external resources
- Demonstrated understanding of how to incorporate business needs into technical decisions
- Ability and interest to work in laboratory, pilot plant and manufacturing scale environments
- Proven ability to manage multiple assignments/ tasks
- Strong communication skills (oral and written)
- Willingness to travel
- Actual working location will be determined at point of offer: Barrington, Plano, Valhalla
- Candidates should be completing their junior year of studies
- Be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without the need for current or future work authorization or visa sponsorship for employment
- Must pass a drug screen and background investigation
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement