Marketing Innovation Director
External Posting Title: Marketing Innovation Director
PepsiCo is one of the world's leading food and beverage companies with over $62 billion in net revenue and a global portfolio of diverse and beloved brands. We have a complementary food and beverage portfolio that includes 22 brands that each generated more than $1 billion in estimated annual retail sales. PepsiCo's products are sold in more than 200 countries and territories around the world.
The global category teams play a critical role enabling synergy and driving growth across four portfolio categories including snacks, beverages, nutrition, and sports fuel. The category teams are tasked with ensuring the company stays ahead of the competition and maintains market leadership by meeting evolving consumer demand. This includes evolving our portfolio to provide solutions for “modern eating” demand where consumers are seeking nutritious and convenient options to keep themselves going to support their active lifestyles, mini meals.
As traditional meal occasions fade across the world, Mini Meals will be a significant growth driver for Food & Beverage, to drive focus on this growth platform a new team, Mini Meals, is being formed to deliver the strategy and commercialization plans. We are looking for candidates that have a passion to blaze new trails, succeed, celebrate, and never settle for second best!
Further refine Mini Meal strategy, including: sizing the growth terrains by geography, that reflects existing innovation pipeline and a vision for the future pipeline.
Based on Strategic Plan priorities develop and lead platform growth projects that emerge from the development of the Mini Meals innovation agenda. This will require working with cross functional partners to identify product form, packaging format, and functional benefits including Global R&D, Culinary Team, and the Design Center to drive initiatives from idea through to Gate 1 readiness with market potential assessed.
Lead and manage the complexity of the Mini Meals projects moving through the commercialization/Stage Gate Process requires close partnership and collaboration:
- R&D to ensure assets and capabilities are in place to commercialize the concept.
- Regional commercial leaders (marketing and sales) to ensure:
- GTM in local market can unlock the proposition.
- Strategic alignment with regional brand direction.
- Resources in place for launch and execution of pipeline.
- Confidence in commercial selling proposition complete with category insights and merchandising solutions
- Represent the platform at all key innovation forums internally
- Work with Commercialization teams to ensure projects are managed on time and highlight risks/issues as needed for escalation to the Category Leadership Teams
- Provide a key innovation link to the Global and Regional Innovation Nutrition teams on all Brand Pipeline calendars
- Enable key relationship to eCommerce team, ensure all opportunities unlocked for this channel.
- 10-12 years of cross discipline business experience with emphasis in strategy, marketing, and innovation.
- Leading through influence, with demonstrated experiences setting agenda, and driving business results in an environment with competing priorities.
- Passion and curiosity for consumer and shopper understanding.
- Strategic thinking and story-telling, ability to synthesize distinct data points into a clear strategic set of priorities and gain sponsorship for direction.
- Project/Stage Gate management, experience navigating a cross-functional organization, developing execution plans, and managing innovation process works from early R&D to market hand-off
- Practical Innovation experience - driving an innovation process from conceptualization through to launch.
- Brand Development: Understanding of the key fundamentals to developing a brand positioning and all elements of the marketing mix that support the brand
- Global experience OR interest/curiosity for learning about other countries/cultures
- Must be willing to travel 20% of the time.
Job Category: Marketing
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement