External Posting Title: Productivity Engineer
Around the world, we're working hard to give people the tastes they crave and the nutrition they need. We dream globally and act locally, constantly innovating to sustain our planet, our people, our communities and our business practices. New markets mean new ways of doing business, and new ways of addressing health concerns, cultural differences and environmental challenges. Every day is an adventure, and an opportunity for personal and professional growth.
Productivity engineer leads projects to reduce production costs, improve efficiencies and reduce or reuse waste. The engineer works collaboratively with Global R&D Function teams, Global Procurement and Supply Chain to re-apply global productivity at the region level.
- Understanding productivity opportunities - These opportunities include improvements in throughput, yield and sustainability without compromising quality, product design or consumer acceptability
- Creation and execution of project plans to quantify identified opportunities – Working in conjunction with cross functional partners to create and execute critical plans will provide project management opportunities
- Application of sound engineering and science principles to address technical challenges – Most productivity problems are resolved through the correct application of basic engineering principles
- Designing and conducting experimental designs and statistical analysis of results – Project decision will be based on data driven results
- Collaboration with cross-functional partners Productivity opportunities span many functions, such as Operations, Purchasing, and Ops Finance as well as across sectors and regions.
- Communication of Results – Results and recommendations will be shared both written and verbally within the productivity team and with the cross-functional partners.
By joining R&D Productivity, you will become a part of a team which helps drive over $25MM in annual savings to the bottom line.
As a Productivity Engineer you will:
- Drive bottom line savings which can be used to fuel future innovation
- Insure product design integrity while making big changes to big brands
- Qualify breakthrough innovation which can be leveraged across our global businesses
- Learn technical leadership, while partnering with a team of R&D technical resources.
- Gain experience and knowledge on multiple brands and processes.
- Learn business principles which define project successes.
- Enhance communication skills through timely communication of project progress to team and partners
- Learn Lean Six Sigma skills
You will develop:
- Technical skills in applying engineering principles to solve new problems
- Process knowledge in one or more core brands
- People leadership skills by working with individuals in other functions
- Collaboration and influence skills through interaction with cross-functional teams
- Financial analysis skills for assessing the value of projects
- Understanding of Analytical and Sensory tools to evaluate results and project success
- BS in Engineering
- Leadership and collaboration skills
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Willingness/ability to travel up to 33%
- Prior experience in Process Engineering
- Six Sigma certification
- Project Management Skills
- Continuous Improvement experience
- Production Operations experience - CPG
- Creative and innovative problem solving skill
- Understanding of basic financial concepts
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Ability to work effectively both in an individual and team environment
- Willingness to learn new systems and adapt existing skills
- High intellectual curiosity
Job Category: Engineering
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement