Insights Senior Director
External Posting Title: Insights Senior Director
As the Senior Director of Consumer Insights & Analytics for the Gatorade business unit, you will be responsible for leading your team to be the undisputed authority on all things that relate to the consumer in support of the Gatorade and Propel journey to be the global leader in fueling athletes and exercisers in hydration and sports/nutritional fuel. In this role, you will drive strategy through insights and analytics for marketing efforts including: targeting, segmentation, portfolio and brand strategy, brand positioning and brand equity, innovation, packaging, consumer engagement and advertising, as well as provide competitive/marketplace insights and a clear understanding of business drivers of performance. In addition, this role helps support the expansion of the Gatorade brand internationally, working with the global marketing team and influencing regional insights and marketing efforts.
As a Consumer Insights professional within PepsiCo, you must demonstrate the ability to become a trusted advisor and thought leader to the business, brand and innovation leaders. You should be experienced in engaging leaders in best practices for unlocking consumer and marketplace insights and trends to build a powerful brands, sustainable innovation and strong business performance. You must be collaborative and able to work cross –functionally to contribute to the development of multi-year brand and portfolio growth strategies.
This is a sector position that is based out of Chicago and reports directly to the Senior Vice President /GM of Gatorade and has a dotted line functional reporting relationship to the lead for Chicago-based Insights team. This role sits on the Gatorade BU Leadership team as well as the Nutrition Insights Leadership team.
- Drive the impact of consumer insights on the business by challenging the status quo, business approach/hypotheses and deliver clear insights-driven alternatives/recommendations in an inspiring way
- Act as a champion of consumer empathy and inspire/instill consumer curiosity throughout the organization, equipping business teams with an intuitive understanding of consumer behavior/needs, ensuring that the consumer voice is embedded in marketing strategies and tactics
- Set & lead an analytics & insights agenda across multiple functions and stakeholders by proactively identifying opportunities and risks against business and marketing objectives
- Drive brand development across the globe through continued insights that resonates globally and translates into successful global advertising and innovation
- Must be persistent and persuasive in driving recommendations to action across functions and across global matrix environment as needed
- Consumer Engagement/Creative Excellence: Drive a culture of creative excellence in which all activation is grounded in deep consumer understanding based on continuous learning and educated experimentation. Guide the creative process in the development and evaluation of Gatorade’s communications and media efforts based on athlete/exerciser insights that drive creative briefs and creative development/assessment as well as understanding the marketplace impact of advertising campaigns (equity and/or sales) based on metrics related to media efficiency and effectiveness.
- Innovation Pipeline Development: Identify growth and expansion opportunities based on leveraging deep understanding of target needs and white space opportunities that drive the development of new product opportunities through commercialization and post launch assessment. Accountable for the insights plans to build, evolve, assess and refine brand innovation strategies and tactics for our existing, emerging or new businesses.
- Performance Analytics & Business Drivers: Lead insights around performance analytics & business drivers including category dynamics, business and brand health as well as competitive insights using tracking tools to provide actionable recommendations. Drive world class analytics and foresight rigor to ensure the organization is applying the best data & quantitative techniques to inform the most actionable business recommendations
- Talent Development: Strong focus on talent management through the professional development and coaching of 5 direct reports and the broader BU insights team. Critical to develop team to be strong business partners to marketing and the larger organization working collaboratively and with transparency towards a common goal.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 12+ years of consumer insights work experience with 3+ years of team management experience
- Proven collaboration abilities, strategic thinking and leadership skills
- Experience in leading & driving a progressive insights agenda
- Strategic mindset, combining insights + marketing skills, with an ability to think broadly, refine questions and influence multiple decision makers
- Much demonstrate both analytical and creative thinking abilities
- Exceptional communicator with strong “story telling”” expertise
- Ability to influence at senior levels of the organization through formal and informal channels within a highly matrixed environment
- Comfortable presenting to the highest levels of senior leadership on a regular basis
- Having a “test and learn” mindset with proven experience in exploring and implementing new methodologies from initial idea through validation
- 3+ years of digital/social media analytics experience
- MMR or MBA
PepsiCo is an equal opportunity employer and given consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.Relocation Eligible: Not Eligible for Relocation
Job Category: Marketing
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement