National Safety Manager
This position contributes to the success of Frito Lay, Inc providing EHS leadership and direction to enable the implementation of EHS management processes and to assure regulatory compliance in the dynamic industry of manufacturing, warehousing and transportation.
The successful candidate will be an EHS leader capable of engaging, motivating, and aligning the Frito Lay, Inc. organization towards EHS objectives and development, recommendation, and implementation of EHS policies, procedures and systems. The candidate is expected to provide collaborative, proactive, and creative problem solving to develop and execute EHS programs and initiatives.
Major Tasks, Key Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities:
- Responsible for executing, communicating and supporting Frito Lay EHS projects and systems.
- Responsible for aligning and developing multiple layers of training for EHS on key risk areas for Supply Chain and Go to Market
- Responsible for interpretation and applicability of regulatory codes and PepsiCo corporate standards. Regulatory codes include: ISO, NFPA, NEC, OSHA, ANSI, and various international standards
- Expert in representing corporations with regulatory (i.e., OSHA) and insurance matters.
- Serve as the technical liaison with various city, county and state regulatory entities on matters of compliance at site locations.
- Familiarity with hazard reviews and risk assessments processes and techniques:
- Includes technical safety reviews and approval design on all new division-wide projects.
- Interact and engage with original equipment manufacturers (OEM) and integration of project engineers to identify and correct safety and health issues prior to equipment and machinery purchases and installation
- Assist with design of specific solutions to mitigate hazards on FLNA legacy equipment.
- May conduct acceptance safety reviews on new construction, new production processes and engagement with HQ R&D projects.
- Provide safety training for various EHS programs including: LOTO, HazCom, Confined Spaces, Combustible Dust, PPE, Electrical Safety and Fall Protection, etc.
- Liaison with Corporate Engineering and R&D for new process and machinery EHS compliance.
- Facilitate the incorporation of PepsiCo Global EHS Standards into the FLNA manufacturing and serves as the industrial hygiene subject matter expert or liaison in areas involving employee’s atmospheric and physical hazards and exposures.
- Develop program elements/tools to ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local OSHA regulations and applicable company requirements
- Knowledgeable of how to perform incident investigations, root cause analyses, and develops incident corrective actions – supporting tracking them to closure
- Knowledgeable of leading and lagging Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) that deliver best in class EHS performance
- Exercise a leadership, coordination, and communication role with the internal EHS organization, other business partners such as Engineering, Human Resources, Legal, Supply Chain, and GTM businesses to drive continuous EHS improvement across the organization
- Coach leaders at all levels within the organization and use strong influencing skills around EHS goals/values and that a strong EHS culture ensures business productivity targets can be met
- Identify issues, coach and lead field locations in development of a corrective action plan to address root basic causes and management systems through the use of industry-recognized cause analysis techniques (5-Why, 8-D, etc.)
- Bachelors or Advanced degree, preferably in Engineering, Manufacturing, Environmental, Safety or related technical discipline
- Certified Safety Professional and/or Industrial Hygiene credentials are preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of EHS experience in manufacturing environment or corporate location
- Extensive technical knowledge and experience with EHS Management systems and their deployment
- Extensive technical knowledge with OSHA regulations
- Capability to develop safety strategies and collaborate with engineering for implementation
- Displays strong problem solving, organizational and analytical skills
- Understands and can articulate OSHA requirements and regulations
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills including public speaking skills and presence in meetings and training environments
- Demonstrates professional maturity and ability to act as a change leader, while bringing others along
- Persuade, influence and make formal presentations
- Lead, supervise, manage and develop individuals and high performance teams
- Work collaboratively with colleagues to create a results driven, team oriented environment
- Maintain confidentiality
- Make independent decisions
- Demonstrate excellent organizational skills
- Use PC and related software (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Manage EHS data management software
- Handle multiple priorities and meet critical deadlines
- Travel up to 40% (dependent on business needs and fluctuation)
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement