Senior Manager of National Fleet & DOT Safety
External Posting Title: Senior Manager of National Fleet & DOT Safety
This position, reporting to the Sr. Director of EHS, contributes to the success of Frito Lay North America by providing EHS leadership and direction to enable the implementation of an EHS risk management process, as well as assure regulatory compliance, in the dynamic industry of manufacturing, warehousing, direct store delivery and transportation. The position will work closely with the LG1 Sales and Supply Chain Directors. The ideal candidate will be a subject matter expert in employee and motor vehicle safety as well as have DOT and OSHA compliance experience.
The National Fleet/DOT Sr. Manager needs to understand the EHS 5 Year Strategy requirements and be able to support Market and site-based EHS managers in the execution of this plan. This position will have the responsibility of developing Crash Reduction Plan for FLUS. The ideal candidate will have previous site or market Fleet & DOT leadership responsibilities and be highly skilled at implementing processes that will lead to sustained Crash performance improvements.
The successful candidate will be a Fleet compliance leader for the company and be able to engage, motivate, and align the FLNA organization towards designated EHS objectives, as well as be a part of the development, recommendation, and implementation of functional EHS policies and procedures. The candidate is expected to provide collaborative, proactive, and creative problem solving ability to develop best-in-class Fleet Safety programs for the improvement of the overall EHS strategy and execution of that strategy execution. The candidate will be a member of the EHS FLNA Leadership team, led by the Sr. Director of EHS.
Major Tasks, Key Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities:
- Supports the implementation of field team execution of employee and commercial vehicle safety programs
- Delivers training to Market Unit and Site EHS resources to enable local EHS Plan execution.
- Supports the Region and Market Units to ensure compliance with applicable OSHA and DOT regulations
- Provides guidance and support to field teams in preparation for third-party EHS audits including technical and management system-based reviews.
- Reviews incident trend data to identify key risk areas and then works with DIV EHS team to develop programming to eliminate the identified risks.
- Initiate and maintain effective working relationships with key managers across the region, including the regional and local business leaders in GTM and Traffic Center locations, to assure awareness of and collaboration on issues of common concern.
- Works with the Director of EHS Programs to review and summarize execution of EHS Plans for quarterly progress to plan reporting.
- Participates on significant incident investigations, root cause analyses and develops targeted incident corrective actions
- Field liaison to vendor and/or HQ team to troubleshoot on-going field process issues with:
- First Advantage and First Lab (or like 3rd party DOT vendors)
- Identifies best practices with in support areas and shares with EHS team to ensure broad communication and reapplication
- Partner with Fleet Traffic Leadership on implementation of new Fleet Safety Programs across supported locations.
- Oversee DOT function for FLUS
- Oversee direct and indirect reports
- Bring Innovative Solutions to Crash Reduction including new technologies and innovative compliance management systems.
- Bachelor's Degree in Safety, Engineering, or Science degree, or 10 years applicable EHS experience without a degree
- Greater than five years of work experience in the Health and Safety discipline
- Subject Matter Expertise in safety and commercial vehicle operation regulations
- Strong problem solving, organizational and analytical skills
- Solid employee relations experience, interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills
- Professional maturity and ability to act as a change leader by influencing all levels of the organization to drive continuous improvement in safety performance
- Safety management experience in a related industry, including consumer packaged goods, distribution/transportation, manufacturing or grocery industry
- Previous CDL experience
- persuade, influence and make formal presentations
- lead, supervise, manage and develop individuals and high performance teams
- work collaboratively with colleagues to create a results driven, team oriented environment
- maintain confidentiality
- make independent decisions
- demonstrate excellent organizational skills
- use PC and related software (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- handle multiple priorities and meet critical deadlines
- travel up to 50% (dependent on business needs and fluctuation)
Job Category: Health / Safety / Environment
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement