Senior Buyer - Global Procurement
PepsiCo’s strength is its people. Winning together is all about respect for one another’s unique traits, backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Our teams reflect the diversity of our customers and our communities, breaking down barriers and winning awards.
Around the world, we're working hard to give people the tastes they crave and the nutrition they need. We dream globally and act locally, constantly innovating to sustain our planet, our people, our communities and our business practices. As a global food and beverage company with brands that stand for quality and are respected household names such as Quaker Oats, Tropicana, Gatorade, Lay’s and Pepsi-Cola, we are committed to Performance with Purpose; pushing to be best and fully committed to the people we share the planet with.
At PepsiCo, every day is an adventure and an opportunity for personal and professional growth. Apply today and discover the possibilities at PepsiCo.
- The purpose of this job is to lead ingredients for Egypt Beverages business (Sugar & Carbon Dioxide (CO2)); managing within the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) Procurement and Sector Sweeteners organizations for a total spend of over $90MM.
- Develop and execute different category strategies – Risk Management, Supplier Relationship Management, Innovation and Productivity Measuring & improve performance.
- Achieve annual plans and deliver cash-flow & productivity plans
- Work on delivering productivity and initiatives pipeline over Pepsico Strategic Plan (PSP).
- Responsible for overseeing all activities for Sugar and CO2, including supplier development, contract negotiations, inventory levels and turns, achieve cost reductions targets, effective internal auditing processes, supplier management and knowledge of systems and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Manage buying process for Beverages Ingredients ensuring continuous supply at the best possible acquisition cost.
- Develop short, mid and long-term material & supplier strategies to meet business agenda.
- Plan to meet business objectives as set in the Annual Operating Plan (AOP) and prepare the annual material spending budget in cooperation with the planning team.
- Lead & support supplier negotiations to ensure cost effective and smooth flow of all materials.
- Continuously identify and qualify new sources and suppliers to ensure competitive environment between suppliers.
- Closely monitor global & local Sugar prices and communicate changes to the management to align on coverage strategy.
- Execute required coverages as per approved playbook or coverage plan. Report monthly progress on the same.
- Coordinate with Product Availability, Commercial and Production Departments on demand planning to avoid stock outs and loss of sales.
- Monitor suppliers’ performance and communicate Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) to management and suppliers.
- Perform risk management for supply contracts and agreements and prepare Business Continuity Plan for key materials.
- Perform / Coordinate financial risk assessment of suppliers.
- Make sure Sustainable Sourcing Program is executed flawlessly with the suppliers.
- Monitor suppliers delivery performance, suppliers quality, material variance to budget and cost improvement project.
- Work on monthly delivery plans together with Supply Planning team.
- Coordinate with vendors and supply chain team for timely release of Purchase orders and execute various deal execution plans.
- Support the company cash flow by improving/monitoring supplier payment terms and keeping control of the Day in Inventory (DII) as per the plan.
- Communicate the price forecast of the materials on a continuous basis to country and region finance teams.
- A Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in procurement preferably in Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG).
- High level of Communication Skills.
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Arabic.
Job Type: Regular