Associate Manager for Industrial Hygiene
External Posting Title: Associate Manager for Industrial Hygiene
This position contributes to the success of the PepsiCo North Americas Beverages (NAB) by enabling EHS risk and compliance process management, primarily in the areas of Industrial Hygiene. As a member of the Division EHS staff, this role defines and leads the execution of the industrial hygiene program in order to proactively identify, evaluate, and control potential employee exposures. Additionally this role manages other various program aspects such as, but not limited to Hearing Conservation, Asbestos Management, Radiation/ Laser Safety and has a high level of interaction with EHS vendors/ providers.
All responsibilities of this role lead to the direct support of the development and execution of the NAB Division EHS agenda and the implementation of the Zero Zone Management System. The EHS Associate Manager – Industrial Hygiene has responsibility to implement and support technical processes that enable EHS excellence in the field. The ideal candidate is a subject matter expert in occupational safety and health and particularly in Industrial Hygiene aspects and in turn can clearly articulate, develop, and support implementation of the EHS programs. The incumbent is an employee and programming advocate.
Major Tasks, Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Manage the overall Industrial Hygiene Program for NABQ which includes strategic development, process management, vendor coordination, and broad program communication
- Provide support to manufacturing, warehouse, and sales resources that identify occupational health risks.
- Lead the division-wide Hearing Conservation Program
- Coordinate the work of contract resources that execute the Qualitative and Quantitative Industrial Hygiene processes
- Work with Engineering, Operations, and Sales team to implement controls against identified occupational health risks
- Proactively identify potential Industrial Hygiene risks that may arise from the implementation of new manufacturing or operational processes
- Manage and oversee all Industrial Hygiene related data through data management systems
- Serve as the Radiation Safety Officer for the NABQ division, as well as establish and maintain the process for ensuring local RSO competencies for field resources
- Identify and maintain a strategy to manage on-line sealed source units used in the manufacturing operations.
- Work as a strategic partner and team member to define detection and response strategies for the division ammonia safety program
- Lead the management of the division-wide Hazard Communications Program.
- Develop and deliver Industrial Hygiene training to build organizational capability and skillsets.
- Establish and maintain effective tracking systems/ tools to stay fully aware of the status of Industrial Hygiene sampling and control projects in each NABQ region, and at each facility
- Meet periodically with Regional EHS resources to review local projects, Industrial Hygiene information, and discuss continuous improvement opportunities
- Bachelor's Degree, or higher
- Greater than five years of work experience in the EHS discipline
- Experience in Industrial Hygiene Program Development and Management
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) skills in Radiation and Noise preferred
- Broad understanding of Environmental, Health, & Safety Regulations, Risk Assessment, and Risk Control Methodologies related to Industrial Hygiene
- Experience interacting with Engineering and Operational leaders to resolve EHS Risk
- Ability to communicate technical subject matter to broad audiences
- Strong problem solving, organizational and analytical skills
- Strong technical writing and program implementation skills
- Solid employee relations experience, interpersonal and public speaking skills
- Professional maturity and ability to act as a change leader by influencing all levels of the organization to drive continuous improvement in safety and environmental performance.
- Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) or qualification to sit for certification
- Occupational Safety, Engineering, or Science Degree
- EHS management experience in a related industry, including consumer packaged goods, distribution/transportation, manufacturing or grocery industry
- EHS Corporate or Divisional level experience
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
Job Category: Health / Safety / Environment
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement